Net work card, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachyattacky

Solid State Member
Hey there I was just wondering if I would notice a gain in my computers internet speed if I got a network card; such as ping or whatever while playing cod4/other online games. I was thinking about getting

EVGA | Products Xeno

I've been reading posts on this site for a few weeks now and you all seem fairly intelligent lol, so help me out, what are your opinions? If you know of a similar quality product that you think would be better feel free to recommend them (I prefer newegg)

I will be putting this in my new system I'm putting together in the next week or two and the specs on that will be

x58 classified
i7 extreme 3.33
dual 295 graphics
and a fatal1ty sound card

You wouldn't really get any gain. Your ping is the measure of how long it takes to get a signal/packet back. This is usually governed by the distance between you and the server you are interacting with.

To get a better ping try to link to servers closest to your physical location.

no it's not worth $130. it might be worth $40 but not $130. you are going to see little to no gain in ping times. the biggest thing that will get you a faster Internet is get a better ISP.

Hey there I was just wondering if I would notice a gain in my computers internet speed if I got a network card; such as ping or whatever while playing cod4/other online games. I was thinking about getting

EVGA | Products Xeno

I've been reading posts on this site for a few weeks now and you all seem fairly intelligent lol, so help me out, what are your opinions? If you know of a similar quality product that you think would be better feel free to recommend them (I prefer newegg)

I will be putting this in my new system I'm putting together in the next week or two and the specs on that will be

x58 classified
i7 extreme 3.33
dual 295 graphics
and a fatal1ty sound card

LMFAO

any reason why you want to get the i7 extreme? its cost doesnt really justify the performance gain you get, youd be happy with a 920, unless you plan on doing some extreme OCing with something better than air coolers.

Well thank you for your input, I will not be getting a network card... Maybe fairly intelligent was ment to be an understatement ;P Anyways, thank you so much :)

The reason I'm getting the i7 extreme is because I'm getting this computer through the make-a-wish foundation and just wanna put the best of the best in cause I'm not paying for it ;P on a limited budget of course though (srry for double post)

About how much can you spend? I'm sure we could help you pick out a great pc. The i7 extreme is kinda the complete opposite of "Bang for your Buck". Not that that appears to matter much but going with a 920 saves you $600 to spend on other parts.

Well I had 3500, but I already sent them my list... But if you want to make me feel stupid for not coming here for help go head and put a list together ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom