Help deciding on a CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I am in the process of making a new gaming build and was set on getting the Intel i7 920 but then I stumbled upon the AMD phenom x4 945 so now I'm torn! I'm not the best when it comes to the technical details of CPU's so if anyone can help me decide it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

^^ That is the way to go. For gaming performance they will be very similar. With lesser costs for mb and ram you can spend the difference on a better gpu or sli/xfire. The gpu will make more gaming difference than the cpu.

Now for cpu intensive tasks the I7 is superior.

There is no reason to go with Phenom II 945 since a Q9550 is faster and compatible with your current motherboard.

There is no reason to go with Phenom II 945 since a Q9550 is faster and compatible with your current motherboard.

This.

You can just upgrade your cpu and get the same performance without having to rebuild your system. When i5 comes out it will change around a lot of things so I would get a q9550 now and watch the fireworks.

Thanks for the help guys! and yea, disregard everything in my sig. This is my friends account, Im just too lazy to make my own but I probably should cause I troll these forums all the time. I think ill go with the i7 then because i worked it into my original budget. I also plan to get a GTX 260 GPU and corsair dominator ram (6gb). Also ill look into the nearest microcenter cause thatll definitely save me some cash!

Edit: btw this will be mainly for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom