$1400 Build, I think everything is ok. Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry forgot to put the drive i wanted in there. So everything looks good to go? So I am going to need anything else other than what I posted up top? Would you guys recommend getting anything more to cool the system down?

Are you thinking about overclocking the cpu? If so you'll want to buy a better heatsink. But then we need to know how fast you want to go and how prepared you are to work for it.

Check out this video, if your up to it and you have a spare $100 for the heatsink, fan, thermal paste and sandpaper then it's as good as it gets. But if your just looking for a good OC without all the work it's a little cheaper ($70-$80). If you just want to tinker with a mild OC it's even cheaper still ($40-$50). If your not concerned about overclocking but you'd like a good cooling solution to protect your investment it would be less still.

I am interested in OC'ing what products would you recommend for heatsink, fan, and thermal paste?

Hefemeister uses a TRUE, Slaymate uses a True copper, I use a Noctua NH-U12P SE1366, we've all managed pretty good overclocks (with slay still the king :))
I'd say go for any one of those, whichever is cheaper in your area. And I'm not sure about the TRUEs, but my HSF came with thermal paste. TX-2 is a great paste if you want to get it though.

Well I can't say for sure honestly, I'm running the Core Contact with a phenom II 940 at 3.3 ghz at the moment. It was at 3.5ghz for a long time but we just had a heat spell (30+ everyday almost) so I turned it down a bit. But With the core contact and the stock fan I was idling around 29-31 and load at 45-46, which is pretty good I think. The stock HSF had me idling at 32-34 and load in the 50-55 range. But with this ULTRA KAZE fan on I'm now idling at 27-30 and load around 43-45 with it on low, haven't tested it on high yet. It's a beast of a fan and some people might not be able to stand the noise, I personally don't mind since I usually have my games loud and music louder :D.

Depends really, the core contact is probably good for a 3-4ghz range OC on the i7 920 I'm guessing. It's cheap and does its job great. But for anything more I'd go with what SOUL or any of the other i7 users suggest since I'm running an PII 940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom