Slight Upgrade/Tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiliConCarnage

Beta member
Hey, I'm new to this forum just joined today. And just wondered if you guys could possibly help me with my little computer upgrade. Firstly heres my computer specs.

OPERATING SYSTEM:WINDOWS 2.6.0.6001 (SP 1) <--- Just upgraded to service Pack 2, I don't know if that is good or not, but the upgrade was there so I took it :D....

CPU TYPE:AMD PHENOM(TM) 9550 QUAD-CORE PROCESSOR
CPU SPEED (GHZ):2.22
SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):3.998
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL:ATI RADEON HD 3650
GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER:ATIUMDAG.DLL
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:1680X1050
HARD DISK SIZE (GB):465.759
HARD DISK FREE SPACE (GB):465.648

Ok so basically i've had extreme lag when trying to play games like Empire TW on max graphics, which is strange because most other games that aren't RTS work. I've been told that my graphics card isn't very good. So this is where i need your help. Basically I've seen the Radeon 4870 HD 1GB graphics card and have read good reviews about it. But in order to put this in my machine it seems I have to update my power supply to something above 500Watt, at the moment its only about 300W. So basically I wondered if anyone knew of a decent power supply for a PC that retails at 80£ or below.

Many thanks in advance.

Also I've heard alot of games are not supporting Quad Core yet, is it worth getting a better processor or is it best to leave things like Processors alone for the professionals?...

The 4870 is a good mid-range card, you'll be happy :D

Thanks again for such a quick response, This whole computer customization business is quite addicting lol :nerd:

Sorry to be a bother :D, But is it worth getting this 11133-17-20R - 2GB Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X, PCI-E 2.0, 3.6GHz GDDR5, GPU 750MHz, 800 Cores, D-Sub/ DL DVI/ HDMI - Scan.co.uk
instead of the 1GB version, for the sake of 30£ ?

I've been rethinking about my whole approach on my money spending, and I was going to buy a TV but I realised all I do is play computer games, and with COD6, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 comming out, its going to be hard to remove me from my computer. Basically I have around £400 (651.389 USD) to spend, and basically would like it if you guys could come up with the best PowerSupply/Graphics Card/Processor Combo for gaming with this money bracket. (Sorry if it sounds like i'm demanding alot out of you guys)

Here is a link to the motherboard that I have got HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra3) - HP Customer Care (United States - English) , It says it supports AMD Phenom Processors, but would that include AMD Phenom II's also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom