Aion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aion - September 22

Beta week end. Might even have some time to try to play it.

okay. I am rather impressed with the number of character customisations. Rather simulare to CoH/CoV or SWG where one could spend hours just trying to get the right look for their character. Unlike a lot of other MMORPGs where you are basically playing Mr.Potato Head a pre-set body.

I put in a few hours on Aion over the week end. Not really in the mood to put too much time into the game as it's still in Beta and the characters are going to get wiped.

Character Creation offers lots of customization
I do prefer playing a ranged attack character in this game. Reason being is that did have some of the quests where the mob was just running around like he was on ADHD and it was hard keep up with the mob in order to attack it. However do see a part of that problem was lag too as I need to sort out some thing with the wireless network some time.
I find that it's a little strange that scouts start off with a sword. Like a warriors.

Graphically it very pretty. However i do find that the game is rather system demanding.

I do see this game being popular. However i don't see it being a WoW-Killer. One of the main reason is because it does require a good system to run.

Classes I played a lot with on the week end was Mage and Warriror.

I do look forward to when this game goes live in just over a months time.

I put in a few hours on Aion over the week end. Not really in the mood to put too much time into the game as it's still in Beta and the characters are going to get wiped.

My thoughts exactly. It is crazy fun, but I'm not going to spend all day playing it just yet.

I agree with your points as well, its a great looking game but may be passed up by the WoWers on pentium III's.

I agree with your points as well, its a great looking game but may be passed up by the WoWers on pentium III's.

Aion System requirements
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.8GHz, AMD Athlon 2800+; 1 GB RAM; GeForce 6600, Radeon X1550; Hard Drive 15GB; DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

Recommended:
Pentium Dual Core, AMD Athlon 64 X2; 2 GB RAM; GeForce 7600, Radeon HD 2600; Hard Drive 15GB; DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

WOW System requirements
* Windows Vista or Windows XP
* Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ 1300 MHz
* 512 MB or more of RAM (1 GB for Vista Users)
* 32 MB 3D video card with Hardware T&L or better
* 15 GB free HD space
* 4× CD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection

Yup. There is a big difference between both games requirements. Aion needs at a computer that is at least 3 years old. Just looking at the clunker I got at work, I might need to reallocate a video card on my work station.
As for WOW requirements, I think some of the computer that i have seen chucked out on tip day can still be used to level up or for farming. Not sure about 40 man raids.

Then again, considering that the game was originally developed in South Gaming Mad Korea, it's not surprise that the specs are higher.

This game looks pretty good. Is it level grinding? is it hard like final fantasy xi online?

Their goal was to combine FF online (or everquest, etc) with WoW, and thats exactly what the game feels like. There is grinding if you want, or you can quest all the way up.

Their goal was to combine FF online (or everquest, etc) with WoW, and thats exactly what the game feels like. There is grinding if you want, or you can quest all the way up.
I rather be questing. BTW, another BETA week end is coming up.

Actually I think open beta is up next, which I believe lasts for a week or so.

I have foune that the NCSoft Launcher is taking forever to download.

However i have found the following :-

1.Open your NCsoft Launcher - and get it to "check for updates" for Aion. Once it starts to download the ~3gig file, do the following.
2.Exit NCsoft Launcher (completely, even from task tray)
3.Download a download accelerator program (there are lots out there, here is one of the bigger/well known ones)

Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) - Free Download Manager

4.Using the download accelerator - click "add" and add the following webaddress for it to download:
Code:

http://aion.patcher.ncsoft.com/Aion/Main/Patches/Aion_Main_1.0.2.14To1.5.0.1.ncpatch

5.This will download the patch file "Aion_Main_1.0.2.14To1.5.0.1.ncpatch" to a directory of your choosing.

6.Once downloading is finished - open C://Program Files//NCSoft/Aion and there should be a 3gig .tmp file - Delete it (or back it up your choice).

8.COPY and Paste the file you downloaded, into the C://Program Files/NCSoft/Aion Directory.

9.Once copied, simply restart the NCsoft Launcher and it should automatically recognise that it is complete and will begin checking the file.

[EDIT]I am getting a little tired of these HUGE patches[/EDIT]

Aion System requirements
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.8GHz, AMD Athlon 2800+; 1 GB RAM; GeForce 6600, Radeon X1550; Hard Drive 15GB; DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

Recommended:
Pentium Dual Core, AMD Athlon 64 X2; 2 GB RAM; GeForce 7600, Radeon HD 2600; Hard Drive 15GB; DirectX 9.0c(2008,6)

WOW System requirements
* Windows Vista or Windows XP
* Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ 1300 MHz
* 512 MB or more of RAM (1 GB for Vista Users)
* 32 MB 3D video card with Hardware T&L or better
* 15 GB free HD space
* 4× CD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection

Yup. There is a big difference between both games requirements. Aion needs at a computer that is at least 3 years old. Just looking at the clunker I got at work, I might need to reallocate a video card on my work station.
As for WOW requirements, I think some of the computer that i have seen chucked out on tip day can still be used to level up or for farming. Not sure about 40 man raids.

Then again, considering that the game was originally developed in South Gaming Mad Korea, it's not surprise that the specs are higher.

wow takes more than that to run :\ but anyway:

This will take a huge chunk from blizzard. Like tuesday...."schedule maintenance" turned into a 20 hour down time. That junk is crazy. Their customer support sucks horribly now. Why is that? No competition. Seriously....no MMO comes close to WoW. So maybe once they lose thousands to this game they'll wake up.

Plus I hope it's popular so the gold farmers/sellers/scammers/spammers leave WoW and go to it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom