OCing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try increasing the PCIe x16_3, MHz to 106 - 110 range for stability at higher overclocks.

I always ran my 680i and 780i with the FSB - Memory Clock Mode as Unlinked and then I set both the fsb and memory speeds to whatever I wanted

As you start getting higher you'll need to increase the CPU Core, which we all do, but you'll also need to increase the CPU FSB voltage also. But the CPU FSB voltage is going to increase the temperature of the Northbridge, which is why I used a higher speed fan in the pic I posted. You said you already had a fan mounted, but you should get a fan with a higher cfm rating. I can't remember if it's a 60 or 70mm fan thou. You'll need to measure the heatsink, see picture and then order the appropriate fan (hopefully the 70mm will work) :D

60mm - Newegg.com - IPCQUEEN IPC-606010 60mm Case Fan - Case Fans
70mm - Newegg.com - Rexus TopMotor DF127015PH 70mm Case Fan - Case Fans

measure.jpg

I tried upping the CPU FSB voltage again, which caused odd random errors once I was into XP.

I shall do as you say and change the 'PCIe x16_3, MHz to 106 - 110 range' :)

I'll measure up for a fan and order one when I get my monitor, within the next couple of weeks - it'll be tied on with cable ties, so would the difference between 70mm and 60mm actually matter?

Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Btw, outta curiosity, what are the nforce SPP, MCP and the one below them for? In this image
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o199/Akikotai/S7300857.jpg

WOOT, am now stable @ 4GHz ^_^ However now I must sleep as I get my GCSE results in 8-ish hours. Will try and push further afterwards.
Thanks all! :D

YamiE8400-4GHz.png

lol, nice :) Now your sig matches your rig!
hey that rhymes...awesome.
I'm interested to see how far you can get this, I've got an 8400 in storage, been meaning to see what kind of clock I can get it running at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom