Helpppppppp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitesadness

Beta member
I need help! I have an old Sony Vaio laptop that I am trying to figure out what the problem is. For some reason it shutsdown when windows starts to load. I even tried to replace the hard drive but it is still doing the same think. It boots up okay and I was even able to format the hard drive and setup Win 2k but like I said when it is time to load windows it shutsdown. Please give me an idea what possible problems should I look at. Thanks in advance!

have you upgraded your memory modules?

and what windows came originally with laptop?

have you tried it with other CD, as might be your CD has a fault installing some crucial files.

I haven't upgraded my memory and it came orginally with windows 98. I actually tried to install XP in it and it did the same thing. I was able to go through boot with cd and setup with no prblem but when it was time to restart and boot to windows it did the same this. - it shutsdown-

try a different battery? also, make sure there are no specific chipset drivers needed. may want to go into bios and disable any cache/shadowing there. It will be slow to load if disabled, but will pinpoint problems.

It actually does not have a battery. I am using just the AC adapter. But I'll try diabling the cache. Thanks again! But if it still does the same, you might here from me again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom