What do look for in a graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambab

Baseband Member
hey, im looking to buy a graphics card cuz my one melted the other day, i was wondering how to tell if its compatible what things should i look for?

(sorry if this has already been answered)

First of all, you have to find out what kind of graphics card your motherboard supports. Either an AGP or PCI-E graphics card.

And what to look for in a graphic card? It depends on the rest of your computer specs (which you should please post, so we can further assist you), budget, the kind of games you play (if you are), etc.

Well its a PCI-E slot.

my motherboard is: Acer F672CR

And yes i like to play games i like to play things like dawn of war, guild wars and that.

and my budget is not a very high one around £20-30 i no its a bit optimistic but im sure theres one out there.

Is there any graphics card you know out there thats suitable?

My PSU details are: 250w 3.15A

I found one that looks around alright, can someone tell me whether this would be ok for my motherboard?

ZOTAC 9400GT SYNERGY EDITION 512MB DDR2 LOW PROFILE DVI VGA TV Out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

Your card melt?

If you really want a low end card, I would say go for an nvidia 9500gt instead of the 9400gt; there is a noticeable improvement between them for not much of a difference in money.

Well it was the fan on the graphics card that melted off, because i think i knocked it when i was cleaned the computer few months back.

Atm im using this onboard graphics "SiS Mirage 3" which isent very good for gaming at all, so thats why im looking for a graphics card.

and i live in united kingdom, so basicly what i need is a decent graphics card for gaming at the cheapest (i dont want unreliable ones though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom