Monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnzor17

Beta member
Hey all,
my issue is this: recently a computer I own stopped working. What happens is, the monitor won't turn on (or really it gets juice but won't power up), it gives a No Signal if I turn off/on the power switch. Shortly after, the computer turns off.

-Everything is plugged in where it supposed to go, both external and internal.
-Everything is dusted and cleaned out (fans)
-I have brought and used the monitor on another computer and it works, so it isn't the monitor or it's power cable
-likewise, I have brought and used another working monitor to the afflicted computer, and the same No Signal happens.

I don't think system specs are relevant, but if anyone thinks they needs certain statistics I will provide them.

Thanks in advance

Most likely a gpu problem. Make sure it is plugged in properly. reseat it and check all connections. If you have onboard as well you can check that connection.

full system specs would be useful as well.

Any post beeps?

I don't think system specs are relevant, but if anyone thinks they needs certain statistics I will provide them.

Thanks in advance

Definitely relevant, as it's most likely the video card causing this problem. What video card is in this PC? How old is it? Sounds like there's a short/loose connection causing the problem.

It's an nvidia 6600 LE card, p5p800 asus motherboard
the parts are obvious a little old but should be in relevent condition, new power source, stock ram, its older as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom