Screen Freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your score looks about right, I suggest just using your PC for a week or 2. Afterthat we can try a little overclocking if needed :D

Your score looks about right, I suggest just using your PC for a week or 2. Afterthat we can try a little overclocking if needed :D

Thanks for all the help man! Should I try to run 3DMark at 1920x1200 then post a score or turn the res. down in game to achieve better results? Either way I am going to be picking up another gtx285 here in a month so that should help my scores... Also I have the Prolimatech Megahalems with the Kaze 3000 and Tuniq 2 so I think I can do some decent overclocking... I am on the road right now but when I get to Utah I will run that heat monitoring program for a day or so... Do you suggest running other stuff when that program is running or just let it run alone?

So my score looks fine as far as the video card goes? Could I OC it some more as long as the temp. stays down? I guess I thought the GTX 285 was more of a beast... I'll be wanting to OC my CPU here soon after the week or two of normal use like you suggested Slaymate I'll be looking to hit over 3.0 on my I7 920 :) Thanks for all the help and I will post on here later... (on my laptop in a hotel in Iowa lol)

Edit: After doing some research I guess my score seems decent...

I wouldn't buy a 2nd GTX 285. In the next couple of months (probably sometime in November, maybe late October but I wouldn't hold my breath) Nvidia is going to release the 300 series card and that's what your wanting this card to be. Play with this setup and when the new card comes out you can sell your GTX 285 or use it as a PhysX card.

I wouldn't buy a 2nd GTX 285. In the next couple of months (probably sometime in November, maybe late October but I wouldn't hold my breath) Nvidia is going to release the 300 series card and that's what your wanting this card to be. Play with this setup and when the new card comes out you can sell your GTX 285 or use it as a PhysX card.

True... I'll use this card for awhile and try to max it out on air cooling... I don't mind the noise coming from the case with all the fans going... **** the Kaze 3000 sounds like a jet lol... I'll have to post pics when I get out to Utah...

So I'm assuming Nvidia is going to have a beast single gpu card and then a dual gpu card? I don't mind spending a good amount of money for performance so when the cards come out I'll move the GTX 285 to PhysX card (what all does that mean? Sorry I'm a newb computer builder lol). Ok so I guess I'll just max this one out and wait for the new ones... until then I'll be slowly OC'n (with the help of slaymate/everyone) my I7 920... thanks for all the help! Any new Problems and I'll post em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom