questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
A few weeks ago, i posted this question:

since my country doesn't have a website where they sell computer products, i was planning on making 1 like newegg in the future. i'm 17 n i'm doing my GCE 'O' Level this year. after this, i'm going 2 a polytechnic to get a diploma. so, what courses should i take up if i wanna create and manage a website like newegg?

and thankfully, many of u guyz gave me helpful replies and suggestions. u told me to get courses that teach e-commerce, web design, marketing and internet marketing, project management, database and programming, html and some graphics design programmes.

i was looking at a few courses that the polytechnics offer and i was wondering if Diploma in Business IT is better or Diploma in Marketing is better for the suggestions given above? thanks again for helpful replies.

Neither of Diploma in Business IT, nor Diploma in Marketing.

grab 3-4 books, and you are on the road.

you'll have to learn these things:

any graphic program (Adobe Photoshop preferred), + know how of web graphics.

HTML Authoring Program (Frontpage, Dreamweaver).

MySQL (Free Database)

PHP (Application Technology)

FTP, Configuring IIS (although this aint a must)

and you are on the road.

once you develop your site, send me a voucher.

as u can see, i'm going 2 a polytechnic next year. so, wouldn't it b good if i took these courses. i'll have d foundation and could learn some things or more. anyways, i must take some course to get a diploma in something. so, a diploma in BIT would b good rite? gimme some of yer suggestions. thanks.

hello? so, all you'r saying is that i don't have to take any courses, but just read a few books and master what u siad i should and i'm good to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom