2x 280GTX SLI vs. 1x 290GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
had read this awhile ago. i would personally go for the 295, since it would allow for another 295 in sli in the future.

Gtx 295 Vs Gtx 280 Sli ! ! ! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Good Point even if it would get lower scores than two 280GTX in SLI, then i could add a second 295 in the future, if and when games become more GPU taxing. Which i have read a lot of articles and information that states that games are going to be more GPU intensive in the near future in order to take more load off the CPU.

(Thank you to Muffin Man, and Slaymate for your research)

I didn't do any research.

Personally I wouldn't upgrade at this moment. And if I was going to anyways, I definitely would not buy a GTX 295. In a couple of months the new 300 series card is going to hit retail shelves and for the money a GTX 295 is going to look weak. You should just buy a GTX 280 or 285 and wait for the new cards to come out. Then you either sell your card or use it for PhysX. The GTX 295 isn't worth the money, if it was I would own a pair of them already.

Slaymate has a very good point, the 300 series are right around the corner. And dont think this will push down prices of the GTX295 because normally that doesnt happen with the really high end cards.

Also think, my rig can max out just about anything at 1920x1200 (with the exception of ARMA2, only because you can set the view distance to crazy distances...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom