Intel Core i5-750 Overclocking Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Intel Core i5-750 Overclocking Preview

Our Intel Core i5-750 overclocking preview is online for your viewing pleasure. Hit the link to see how well the retail processor we bought last week overclocked.

I am very much impressed with our first overclocking experience with a retail version of Intel's Core i5-750. Keep in mind that we wanted to show you air cooled results here but did not have the proper mounting brackets for our Thermalright TRUE cooler. This lack of pressure on our mating surfaces surely could have surely impacted our results. I do however have no problem suggesting that with a little BIOS tweaking and maturation, and good cooling, that many of you will be seeing fully 100% load stability at 4.2GHz and possibly even 4.4GHz on air with the Intel Core i5-750.

Their results are very impressive when you take the cooler mounting issues into account. I'm looking forward to seeing how the i5's clock for clock performance compares to the i7 920.

I'm looking forward to the i5 vs. i7 performance too. I have a feeling a lot more people would be buying i5's if their performance was similar oc'ed. Seems like the only advantage is 8 threads on the i7, and the 1366 socket. Does the i5 870 have 1366 too? Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 prices and specs confirmed there isn't a 5 or 7 next to the i, I'm assuming it's the i5 though.

Looks like I may be jumpin' on Intel's **** sooner than I thought. :p Those are amazing numbers for a processor that didn't have "adequate" cooling solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom