My computer wont start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
Recently I changed my PSU. I realized that my old 350W just was not cutting it any more. (I have an old pentium4 computer). So I added a 550W PSU. For the first few days every thing worked nicely than all of a sudden the computer stoped working. I remember how after the screen went into energy saving mode I could not bring back the screen. First I thought of a system crash and rebooted but after that nothing appeared on the screen. I changed the monitor and I got the same result so the problem is not with the monitor. Now either it is the Graphics card or the CPU. (maybe the motherboard too)

So can you help me with this? How would I know what is wrong with my computer?

350 watts is plenty for a P4 unles you have some rediculous graphics card.

So the computer starts up normally but you get no screen? Can you hear the drive being accessed and reading? Is the CPU light blinking on as if it is being used?

If it turns on but nothing happens it probably isn't posting. If you have the spare parts you can swap them out to see what the issue is.

If you don't have spare parts purchase a little speaker that connects to your MB, then it should beep when you restart giving you an error code in beeps. Look that code up from th MB manufacturer and you'll know your faulty part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom