stupid stupid question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYbadboy911

In Runtime
is there any way to connect my z5300e speakers onto two sounds cards?

im runnin xp and win7 on the same system and drivers are not competable with each other

so i got 1 sound card for each OS. is there a way connecting the speakers to both sound cards?

cuz i dont feel like disconnecting and reconnecting every time i swich OS's

what sound cards do you have?

I am sure that one of them would work in xp and 7.
Tried vista drivers for win 7?

You could probably use a minijack splitter but I would try to get one working in both operating systems first as that does not cost money.

Let me make myself a little more clear.

Say you have super soundcard 7.1
On you xp install you would use the xp drivers for installation
On the win7 install since their probably are not win 7 drivers you would use either the default win7 drivers or the vista 32bit or 64bit drivers depending upon which version of win 7 you are running.

So you need 2 different drivers for your soundcard. One of your 2 soundcards should have 2 different drivers that will work on each individual install.

So post up your soundcards and lets see what drivers we can find. Also what verisons of xp and win7 are you using? 32bit or 64bit for each.

Let me make myself a little more clear.

Say you have super soundcard 7.1
On you xp install you would use the xp drivers for installation
On the win7 install since their probably are not win 7 drivers you would use either the default win7 drivers or the vista 32bit or 64bit drivers depending upon which version of win 7 you are running.

So you need 2 different drivers for your soundcard. One of your 2 soundcards should have 2 different drivers that will work on each individual install.

So post up your soundcards and lets see what drivers we can find. Also what verisons of xp and win7 are you using? 32bit or 64bit for each.

I would do this, if you're using the sound cards in a dual-boot single computer configuration. If you're using 2 different desktops, and say a KVM setup, you can use a 3.5mm Y splitter with 2 males and 1 females plugs. RadioShack, BestBuy, Staples, Walmart, ect. ect. should have these cables too.

3.5mm Stereo 1 Female to 2 Male Splitter

I would do this, if you're using the sound cards in a dual-boot single computer configuration. If you're using 2 different desktops, and say a KVM setup, you can use a 3.5mm Y splitter with 2 males and 1 females plugs. RadioShack, BestBuy, Staples, Walmart, ect. ect. should have these cables too.

3.5mm Stereo 1 Female to 2 Male Splitter

thats exactly the cable i was looking for but will there be any loss in audio quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom