Tested D0 intel i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Arctic Cooling MX2. The Tuniq TX-2 is a much better product.

I recommend that you lap your True. Here's a video for you :D

I am lapping it atm, however,
Slay - when you mounted the thermalright - how did you orient the backplate?

It has the horizontal and the vertical orientation (I am using the vertical - that is at the back you see more of the intel chip vertically rather than horizontally), but the holes aren't completely entering the mobo - like they jut out but not completely.

did you orient it horizontally?

I tried it both ways, vertical and horizontal. With it vertical my True was touching the NB heatsink and it was affecting my load temps. Here's a picture.

class3x.jpg

So I rotated my True and I added a fan to the Northbridge Heatsink and to the Mosfet Heatsink

mobofans2.jpg

As for my backplate, I've always kept it in this position whether the heatsink is vertical or horizontal.

backplate.jpg

- yes hef, using the new 1366 bracket provided.

- slaymate, so the way you have it atm (in real life, such that is facing parallel to the NB cooler), how does your backplate socket/mount look?

The backplate looks just like the picture above, I just took the picture today. And the clamp portion of the retention mechanism can only go 1 way.

ok so I mounted it correctly.

also, I got TWO LGA1366 sockets... did you get that as well or did yours just come with one?
[I think they are two LGA 1366 sockets, cause they look exactly the same lol]

2 sockets? Do you mean the X-clamp. Here's another picture showing what I'm referring to as the X-clamp. It's also showing you the socket size it's meant to accommodate, your other X-clamp should be for the LGA 775 socket. And lastly you can see the 1/2 of a Business Card I've added as a shim (I lapped the cpu and heatsink).

xclamp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom