Screen Freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Slaymate... I'll try this out... Do i need to uninstall the current audio driver then install the new one or will it just do that when I try to install the new one? I'll test this out when I get home, I'm going to buy a new computer chair... I need to find a nice desk as well but this ATCS 840 is like 25" long lol... Ok see you in a few!

Un-install the current Realtek Sound Driver thru the Programs Tab in the Control Panel.

But you should run the Chipset Driver 1st.

Ok so I installed the Chipset Driver and the Sound Driver.... I'll be testing stuff out tonight... I'm wondering if it is the Video Card itself? Or maybe a PSU issue? I'll keep checking things like you guys are recommending until I figure out whats wrong... In gaming my GPU temps seem to max out at 70C so I have no idea, can't be from overheating... Thanks for the help guys!

Ok so here is the update... I've been playing warhammer online for awhile and things keep getting worse... The buildings like turn black sometimes and the characters colors get all messed up... did the same things in Dawn of War 2... The screen isn't freezing now but it seems like the card is dieing... what would be a good way to test this? Like I will alt+tab outta the game then when I come back in the terrain/buildings are all messed up.... but then after awhile it comes back to normal?

Edit: Ok so I played Warhammer Online for about 2 hours and no freeze/crash... I'm moving Monday so i won't have a lot of time to do more testing so I hope it is stable now... I'll have to see but any other suggestions would be nice too thanks.

Just played Dawn of War 2 for awhile and nothing went wrong... I'm wondering if I should RMA the board and video card or what I should do? I'm wondering if the changes slaymate had me do fixed it or if it will crash again? I'm running at 1920x1200 but the GTX 285 should handle that... I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out cause I'm moving and want to have a stable machine... new MB and gtx 285? Any ideas?

If anything it sounds like your having more of a video problem.

Don't make these changes unless your problems persist, they add stability for SLI so they may help.

IOH VCore ( 1.375 )
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage ( 1.625 )
ICH VCore ( 1.25 )

I'm not running SLI so would those new settings help out? I mean with my set up I should be able to run stuff at 1920x1200 shouldn't I? I mean my MB+GPU+RAM+I7 is good... It's just frustrating to get all brand new stuff and not be able to run max settings... I didn't think Dawn of War 2 was so demanding... would yall recommend RMA the card back to new egg? I ordered it just under a month ago so I don't know if that would be possible still, and I've heard EVGA RMA is a joke... any suggestions?

EVGA RMA is excellant. You need to register it within a month and then you'll have the opportunity to buy an advanced RMA option. I usually buy the Cross-Shipping option as it's only 11-12 dollars.

You may not be able to play all the games at 1920x1200 w/ Maximum Settings with just one card. I have the GTX 280 which is about the same as a GTX 285 performance-wise, the difference is minimal, and I need 2 cards for a lot of games. I've never played Dawn of War 2 so I'm in the dark with it, is there a Demo available?

Can you run 3DMark Vantage? Most EVGA cards come with a free key when you register it. You can download it from here and run it once until you get your key.

Futuremark - Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage - Download

Have you installed EVGA Precision yet? Do so and go to the configuration section and set it up to display your temps like in this picture. Then run 3DMark Vantage and tell us what kinds of temps you were seeing.

EVGA Precision 1.8 download from Guru3D.com

gpuosd.jpg

Ok I'll run 3D Mark and I can bring up the temps/speeds on my G15 LCD... I Updated to Precision to version 1.8 so I'll run that and post it... I just thought that the GTX 285 was a beast and could handle stuff at 1920x1200..... Ill have the post up soon... thanks for the help slaymate... I wish they had an IM type thing on here so people could chat faster.... Current clock is 700/1545/1300 w/fan @75%... I don't have the Dawn of War settings on max but its more along the lines of High... It's just weird that Warhammer Online has issues like when I come back from being alt+tabbed the screen loads the buildings weird then sometimes parts of the building are black... I registered both my Video card and MB on EVGA website... sorry for the wall of text but I'm going to be on the road for a couple days...

Edit:
So what settings should I put 3DMark on? What all should I test for...? Any general suggestions?

Here are my scores... I have no idea what is good or what is bad Slaymate... I kept everything at stock as far as options go in 3DMark... It was set at Performance... My temps seemed fine... GPU never went past 58C ish and CPU on the LED Board Display never went past 37 C... any thoughts suggestions?

Can you give us a link to your score, or the number?

Your gpu temp is fine, so long as your score is good (which we don't know). The LED Display number is meaningless. Run RealTemp and just let it run. It will keep track of the Hi and Low temps for each core and the time that it hit those values. It will also tell you what the current temp of your gpu is, but it doesn't keep track of the Hi and Low values for the gpu.

Edit: Here is my current RealTemp Screen, I'll explain it.

Across the Top it's showing my

cpu - cpu speed - bus speed x Multiplier

Next line

Current GPU Temp - Current CPU Load - Total Time RealTemp has been running (10 hrs. 10 min. 29 sec.)

Next Line

Current Temp of each Core

Next Line

Current Degree in Celsius from the Maximum Rated Temp

Next Line

Minimum Temp achieved and the time it occured for each Core (I started my PC at 9:41 this morning)

Next Line

Maximum Temp achieved and the time it occured (I was running a Stress Test around 12:40)

Next Line

Thermal Status for each Core

currenttemps.jpg

Here is the sheet...

No idea if this is good or not and all the stuff is run on the standard settings set in 3DMark... it was on performance setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom