Build me a computer.. $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to him on AIM, he's doing mainly web design, photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, stuff like that. Even if he was doing video editing you don't need bomb graphics card for that. All having a lesser graphics card would mean would he couldn't have like 3000x1600 resolution with 100Hz refresh rate. It's only when it comes to games that the graphics card comes into play. He needs a strong system for application use not gaming.

I think a 9800 pro would be better. Anyways, couldn't you just ship the computer in the box the case comes in?

If you have $2500 to blow on a computer, then it might be wise to buy an AlienWare, since their computers tend to be pre-maxed out. Since you'll have change, consider a laptop. Please use your money wisely, and stay away from Dell! Since you've decided to ask a relatively simple tech question, it's assumed that you don't have a lot of tech knowledge. A simple question is an open book for ideas. Perhaps the best idea is to do some reading up (magazines, stay away from forums)... And then decide what you want to do with the $2500. If planned out well, you could build a decent system and still have a lot of $$ for future upgrades. But with Alienware,.... You won't be disappointed.
-- Ernie123
Bert is missing in action.

Anyways, couldn't you just ship the computer in the box the case comes in?
That's what I plan on doin ;)

I see, then maybe a 9600 or 9800?
Yeah we picked out the 9600XT, didn't go to the 9800PRO or 9800XT because they were past the $150 budget. He's not a hardcore gamer, so that power will suffice his needs. I have the FX 5700 card which is probably less powerful than the 9600XT and my card plays pretty damn good and I probably play games more often than him. and yeah I got the 256mb 9600XT

If you have $2500 to blow on a computer, then it might be wise to buy an AlienWare, since their computers tend to be pre-maxed out. Since you'll have change, consider a laptop. Please use your money wisely, and stay away from Dell! Since you've decided to ask a relatively simple tech question, it's assumed that you don't have a lot of tech knowledge. A simple question is an open book for ideas. Perhaps the best idea is to do some reading up (magazines, stay away from forums)... And then decide what you want to do with the $2500. If planned out well, you could build a decent system and still have a lot of $$ for future upgrades. But with Alienware,.... You won't be disappointed.

It'd cost him much more than $2500 for a pre-maxed out alienware. They are WAY expensive and a lot of it is paying for the name alone. He's trading in his laptop and wants a powerful desktop PC. I've already discussed computer parts and got him everything he needs to blow away his previous macintosh while still being like $800 cheaper than his mac. His current total for an entire computer is $1700 and I've already posted what parts he has. He didn't need an FX-53 because a 64 3500+ would suffice just as good, just as he didn't need 2gb of ram and 1gb would suffice for his needs. I basically use the exact same programs as him and do relatively the same work. I know what kind of computer he's looking to get. My computer would suit his needs, but not for the next year or more to come. The one I've planned out for him should last him easily 1 year (minus the graphics card when it comes to games, but like said he doesn't game much) if not longer than that, and when it comes time to upgrade he'll do what he did here. Sell off the old and buy the new.

Please use your money wisely, and stay away from Dell!

lol I think that's why he posted his question here instead of Dell tech support. Don't worry man I know what I'm doing and if he wants to go ahead with these plans he'll have an awesome machine we'll all be jealous of.

why is the asus mobo so much better than the msi?

They aren't, ASUS mobo's suck ass. I selected the MSI for him because it should provide a good stable board without a lot of overclocking options because he doesn't know much about computers and won't be diving into those depths anyway. The only other motherboard I might suggest for him is an ABit board instead, but definitely not ASUS.

In my opinion I don't think their boards are as good as they once were and their tech support is horrible so if you indeed do get a bad board goodluck convincing them it's their board that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom