ram and graphic card needed to be upgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

doughboyy

Baseband Member
I just built this computer one year ago. Since, Aion coming out in setp, I want run it on max setting without lag issues. One of the ram stick crapped out on me, so for future references I want new ram. I'm using stock psu that came with the case also. Should I upgrade my power supply or it should be fine if I stick a graphic card in there? What a good graphic card and memory stick that good bang for the bucks?

Most of the new graphics card I checked up on has those dvi ports. Is there a converter to change it to AGP? since my comp monitor doesn't support dvi port.

My Specs
Rosewill TU-155 II 500 Black 0.8mm
Newegg.com - Rosewill TU-155 II 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2HP AM2+/AM2
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2HP AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
I used this for couple of month and one of the ram stick crapped out.

The new video card will come with a DVI to VGA adapter :D

Your present power supply will be riding on the edge (minimun requirements) so you would be smart to start saving a few more dollars to upgrade it as soon as possible :D

If I kept the 800 and bought two more to get 6gig, would i know any differences compared to the 4gig 1066?

Are you using a 64bit operating system? A 32bit OS will max out around 3.5GB so it won't help you.

If you are running a 64bit OS then you should notice a boost in programs that are memory hungry like Photoshop and a lot of the newer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom