started up my comp (first time builder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicflipfive

Baseband Member
Well I finished putting together my comptuer tonight. Connected everything, and was ready to power up. Plugged everything in, turned on the monitor, then turned on the computer. The computer turned on fine, all fans are running, cdrom is running, harddrive is running, everything is running too my knowledge, but nothing shows up on the monitor. the monitor just seems to go on standby. and nothing will show up. can someone help me out and give me some ideas of what might be wrong??? remember im a first time building, so im totally lost on what to do.
any responses would be appreciated.

thanks.

I had this problem once when I built a system, what ended up to be the case was a faulty apg slot on the mobo. Take your video card out and try it in another system, and take a different video card and put it in that system, this will tell you what the problem is.

yes.. make sure that ur card is properly seated into the agp slot.. try pushing it in a lil more.. ive had this problem as well (with cheap ass ecx mobo).. it turned out the motherboard took a crap on me

well i think i might know whats wrong, i was reading through the manual for the graphics card, and it says that there is a power connector (4 pins) thats connects to the power supply, and i didn't do taht, but when i took it out there was know connecter on the card

haha lol yeah that wud solve the problem... but we didnt know the model of ur graphics card.. thats why u shud post ur FULL system specs when u have a problem :p... btw what graphics card do u have? :) lol

I have the ATI Radeon 9600XT. But the only problem is there isn't a 4 pin power connector on the card. unless im completely blind and just can't see it

no 9600 XTs dont need a 4 pin molex connector.. only the newer cards doo.. id suggest trying ur video card in another machine... if it works than u know u have a faulty mobo... if not then u shud work on gettin and RMA for ur vid card lol

also, im not sure if this would make a difference, but i took out a little plastic wedge that was in the graphics card slot, the mobo manuel said too, but the only thing is that where the plastic wedge was, isn't even being used by the card.

^^^^ could that be why? because i took that plastic wedge out. the card doesn't even use the portion of the agp slot where the plastic was. Also I looked to make sure everything was connect. and i found a couple wire that wern't. One is from the psu. its a 6pin auxillary connector. could that be the problem? also i can't seem to find the place where the auxillary connector connects. Anyone have any advice on anything else before i take my other computer apart and try the old video card on my new comp.?? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

also i just found another wire that wasn't connected, im not sure it if it needs to be connected. its a Serial ata power connector. i can't find where that goes either.

another thing i just notice is that the CPU Fan has a light on it, and it flashes on and off when i turn the machine on. Could it be that the cpu is installed incorrectly? And there is a light on the mobo that lights green when the machine is on. but when i turn it off, its still lit. im not sure if this has anything to do with my problem tho.

sorry for all the trouble, im just trying to give all the information to see all the possible reason why nothing will show up on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom