system very unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.
was about to do that but is it true that no post beep means faulty cpu? it does this even when at stock settings and cmos cleared

On stock settings with it still doing it, its possible but not likely. ever notice how when you pull a cpu out of a board and power it up its silent? secondly I was stating ram because there has been times when I have had a stick in backwards or not clipped in all the way and the system ran, just really slow and was extremely touchy.

I am leaning to agree with BMX, The one thing i would try before i decided it is dead, is seeing if the add-on cards are properly seated by taking them out and plugging them back in. I have had a case where a video or (thinking in this case) sound-card, was not quite seated properly and the computer freak out when it does the pci port check.

i finally figured out while messing around with my computer for about 3 hours and i found out that it is the power supply problem and i got a new reliable and trustable power supply Corsair HX620W bought it for $890 (about US$115). now it won't freeze when i plug my audio jack in and been stable for the past 30 minutes so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom