Right Clicking Desktop hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmandave

Beta member
Only lately has this error been occuring on my computer. On Windows XP Home Edition, I right click the desktop, and it takes about 5 seconds just for the menu to show up. No other menu does this, though. I can right click any icon and it works fine, but on the desktop this hesitation occurs. I ran Spybot and Spy Sweeper and Norton, and no spyware was found. I am actually quite paranoid about spyware so the chances of it being spyware are low, and I just think it is an error in Windows of some sort or a setting that must be changed. Maybe it has to do with my newly installed ATI 9200SE 128MB PCI graphics card? This comes to mind because I never noticed this issue until I installed that, but then again, I rarely right click the desktop, and I noticed it when I was about to change my graphics properties. It's not that big of a deal, it's more of a nuisance than anything. If anyone can help me out It would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching endlessly to try to solve this problem, so coming here is what pretty much decides whether I can fix this or not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom