To Buy or Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RampagePham

Beta member
So like the title says, I'm not sure whether to buy or build a new gaming PC. I'm only 16, so right now I'm saving up money and researching. I have about $800 USD so far, and I want at least a $1000. It'll take me about a month or two hopefully.

My original plan was to buy a system and upgrade the GPU right away, with more upgrades when I can. I do know how computers work and how to put one together. I'm just worried about having to purchase an operating system (Windows 7 when it comes out) and Microsoft Office when they can be included if I buy.

But if I do build, I'll be doing an Intel build since I can get a 50% discount from my uncle who works there. Cause of that, I'm starting to lean toward building. What should I do?

You are better off building your own PC. You can build one cheaper and better then buying pre-made.

If you wanted someone to endorse your buying of a prebuilt system, you came to the wrong place :)

Okay, I think I'll build it in October when Windows 7 comes out. Cause of the discount, I've been looking at Intel Processors. Which ones would be best for gaming?

If you are waiting 2 months though the prices will change so its hard to build a system in your head now than buy it in 2 months. You should come back when you have your budget and are ready to buy.

Edit: didnt read that discout part ( can you hook up Tech Forums with that too? haha) But go with the core-i7, best CPU out there right now.

Is your discount everything intel or just the cpus? Intel makes motherboards as well.

Thanks guys, once I have enough money I'll probably post whatever build I'll do.

My uncle last told me that Intel does have an employee buyer program, but the prices for motherboards are nearly the same as those you'd see at Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom