New Sony DVD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosty

Baseband Member
Hi all
I just got a SONY DVD DUAL LAYER BURNER DVD-RW DRU-700A and I am using the nero software that came with it. However I seem to be having a problem burning DVDs.(trying to get some data on it as backup) whenever I use the nero software *express* to burn the data to the DVD everything goes fine (as far as the burning seems to be going) but after the burning is done i tried to open the files on the DVD and nothing is there!! its empty and I can't even use it to burn something else inside!!

So i tried the nero burning software with data verfication on. and i saw on the display that it said something like "Mount DVD failed or something"

Does anyone know whats happening?

I Tried it with 2 DVDs and it still can't work!

Oh and another question... can that DVD burner be used to burn normal CDs?

thanks all

problem #1 Check for firmware update from Sony. Check medium on another burner if possible, maybe you got a bad batch. Try using another program, maybe your Nero is bad (You can always try ms burning by right clicking and dropping it into DVD drive).

Question #2.... Super multi drive like LG will burn all formats of CD and DVD's. If it doesn't say so in your specs, chances are you can't.

If you are talking about burning on Dual Layer disks, make you thats what you are using. No people that thikn they can just use DVD+R. You need DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom