Gaming Laptop Under $ 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont mean to double post (cant edit posts now for some reason, button doesn't show up)

I would like someones advice on an Alienware M17 I made:

Dual 1GB ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 4850 - CrossFireXâ„¢ Enabled!
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9000 2.00GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB« Dual Channel DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz – 2 x 2048MB
320GB 7,200RPM (16MB Cache
Subtotal: $2,583.00

Its fine (you're past the 24 hour post after limit).

But that Laptop isn't very good for the price, I'd spend the extra $100 for that HD 4870X2, mind you gaming laptops aren't good in battery life (just a warning before you expect a few hours of battery life out of it).

The GTX 260m is only a 9800GT....it wont touch that asus.

And If going with a 260m i would recommend my lappy which costs $700 less and can still pull 9K in 3dmark06 and run all the newest games very well.

That ASUS is out of stock and I dont know when it will be avaiable. So if that is the best buy for my money then is there another version or different website that sells it? Or maybe even cheaper.

1Q: That ASUS says in the specifications that it has 6 GB memory, is that RAM?

The website says that there going to get more of that laptop in 9/2/09. Ill have a month into college by that time so I'm going to have to find a different laptop unless theres a different site to buy it :(

Its fine (you're past the 24 hour post after limit).

But that Laptop isn't very good for the price, I'd spend the extra $100 for that HD 4870X2, mind you gaming laptops aren't good in battery life (just a warning before you expect a few hours of battery life out of it).

Thnx, that alienware model wont let me upgrade further than that graphics card so I wont be getting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom