Couple of problems with my new built computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaxys

Baseband Member
E760 Classified
i7 920 D0
GTX 295
Corsair 1000W
Thermaltake Ultra-120 Extreme Rev. B
and some other stuff.

1) Speed Fan shows Temp 2, being F71882F, at 52 degrees <-- any one know what that is referring to?

2) I have two hard drives, one a SSD and another a HDD (Corsair and Samsung respectively). The bios recognizes both and their sata ports, but the OS (XP 32) doesn't recognize the Samsung... Any clue what to do?

3) My monitor, Samsung P2370, only goes to 1600 x 900 and has a very shade like screen change mechanism (not flowy, but more like bars cascading)
- is that due to me bottlenecking the whole system via usin 32 Bit XP
or bad DVI cable or not configured GTX 295 properly?

Thank you for your help

I have installed all my Motherboard drivers. Not the gfx card yet; the hard drive didn't come with any drivers, nor did monitor.

How about the raid controller drivers?

Monitor problems should be fixed once you install the proper drivers for your card.

The other reading in speedfan is most likely your chipset temp.

Use realtemp. It is better.

mmm... raid controller... are those found on the mobo cd?

---

ok ty for helping me with monitor - I am getting Vista x64, so that should fix my RAM problem [ya 6GB, only showing 2GB atm]

---

is the chipset temp being that high normal or is it something I need to be worried about?

chipset temps seems right for an evga board.

Controller drivers should be on the disk but I would download the latest from evga's website.

ok ty, I'll update drivers and see how things are.

I am gonna get Vista, and format my SSD, and do it all again - want to install all drivers in the HDD not the SSD lol

I installed the graphic drivers, the monitor still does the cascading thing.

For example, if I scroll down on an IE window, it lags a bit, then a bar cascades downward introducing the new page - much like a ppt slideshow...

nvm monitor's fixed =); just had to install again
---
still need to get the raid controller

Speed Fan Temp#2 is showing me my VReg temps (voltage regulator/mosfets). My temp#2 are hovering around 44-45dC but I have a fan setup to cool then down. Here's a pic, it's the AMD fan :D

mobofans3.jpg

Here is the driver for the JMicron SATA Controller :D

ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/XP_Vista_Win7/JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.47WHQL.zip

Interesting, what size is that? (quite ingenious I must say)...

and what Rev are you using of Thermalright?

... Wait a sec..., did I insert my thermalright incorrectly...

My thermalright (Rev B) extreme is vertical, unlike Slaymate's horizontal (and the fan faces the back fan (140mm of my HAF 932) so the air that the fan puts out is immediately rushed out)...

Did I do that wrong? (and I don't want to put another fan cause it might just blow it into my RAM lol (Corsair Dominator 6GB, giant things -.-)

The fan is a 70mm I think, thou it maybe a 60mm. It's tied in place to my True Copper. I had mine vertically also, to start with. But it was touching the northbridge heatsink and under load it was getting alot hotter than it should. Here's a pic of it touching.

class3x.jpg

I rotated the heatsink and added a couple extra fans and my load temps dropped by 10 degrees. My heatsink and cpu are both lapped.

mobofans2.jpg

newtemps.jpg

The Corsair fans are really mostly just for show. I would remove them if they get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom