Exhaust or Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
I have this Rosewill case. Got it because I was on a budget and it was cheap :).

Well, my temps aren't as cool as I think they should be, plus I got a Sapphire HD4850 a while ago and my temps have been higher ever since. Right now, I have the stock fan on my case that acts as exhaust out the back. The case has this funnel type thing over the CPU that i guess gets the air to hit the fan for better cooling. I see two other vents on the side. So thats 3 vents on the side: 1 can fit a fan, 1 has that funnel thing, and the last one is right next to the power supply (this case has it below the hard drive in a standard case). The exhaust fan at the back is the only fan in my system.

Okay if you're still with me, I wanted to ask if you think I should get another fan to either act as intake or exhaust. You can see the vents in the pic below:

100_0556.jpg

The top vent is the one that leads to the cpu, the bottom one leads to the gpu.

The one to the right is the one next to the PSU.

I was wondering if you guys think I should add an intake or exhaust fan on that bottom one.

Edit: Don't make fun of my cable organization :D

The lower fan mount should be an intake to feed fresh cool air to the graphics card.

Despite there being more intakes than exhausts, air will always be able to force it's way out of the case through the numerous vents and holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom