Gaming pc? not so high budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea that could be a reason. some mini and slim cases use smaller power supplies that are designed for their compact size, so you cant use standard atx size power supplies because they wont fit.

you're still a good bit under budget, so why not just get a new case for better cooling. you have some high end components and you need to keep them cool or else they might not work properly or efficiently. if the case just so happens to look cool, that doesn't mean youre buying it necessarily for the looks. this is a great case with 2 intake fans, 2 exhaust fans, and its not super expensive, you'd still be within your original budget.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

well i don't have the money yet.. i got a lil over 600 and birthday in like a month nd my parents give me at least $200.. plus other people so yeah ill have enough but the more i get extra the better also because i can get a new mouse or keyboard after then... was thinking about the death adder =p, since i palm and all i heard it was a good mouse, but ATM I'm 100% sure that the build u got me is what I'm gonna get. i don't think my computer is really that small. measurements are height: 17.something inches, width: 8 inches, length: 19.5 inches... it doesn't seem that small to me, its a pretty decent sized computer. Can i just like open my computer and measure the power supply box thing and tell you and maybe you can find me a good but kinda cheap one? or Just tell me if it is the same sized power supply that goes into the antec 300 because then ill just buy the power supply and get the case later if they are the same size... You Think i can do that? or that won't work?

those measurements sound like you have a mid tower, which should work. it would be using a standard size power supply, so the one i had suggested would work. as long as its not a dell, or hp, or a big brand pc case, it should work.

i think you should repost when you have all your money ready so we can rework your parts list because some of the parts i posted change prices, and combos expire. there will probably be better prices in a months time, or new parts, so just come back when youre ready.

those measurements sound like you have a mid tower, which should work. it would be using a standard size power supply, so the one i had suggested would work. as long as its not a dell, or hp, or a big brand pc case, it should work.

i think you should repost when you have all your money ready so we can rework your parts list because some of the parts i posted change prices, and combos expire. there will probably be better prices in a months time, or new parts, so just come back when youre ready.

ahhh kk ima keep this thread on one of my ''bookmarks/favorites'' so i can come back to it any time and we can talk again after a while, but so you are saying that i can use the power supply same as the antec 300? also which is the power supply u recommended again? and if i buy the power supply, and it doesnt fit, i can return it within like 30 days right? im gonna wait and ill order all the parts at once, or you think it would b good if like i ordered some now and i could liek start upgrading my computer then by the time its my birthday ill buy liek the last part with the birthday money, or just wait till my b-day and buy them all together?
(i got like 600$ atm so i could get a couple of stuff)

WOW! i just not checked again my parts and there isnt any more graphics card deal with fan i think. ughh well so you no like when we do the parts again later, i still ant the same graphics card, atleast 4gb ram, and that processor, the other things is all up to you for the best bang for meh buck...

ive read sooo much good things about that processor and graphics card, and i want atleast 4gb ram so ill stick to those 3 things 100%. (ofc if a better one for the same price comes out ill get that too lol)

as long as your case is an atx mid or full tower, which is probably the most common and what it sounds like you have right now, then yes, any atx power supply will fit and work.

whether you buy now or later i guess is entirely up to you. around when is your b-day? if you need or want something now, youll probably have to drop the graphics card for now, and use a mobo with onboard video instead for the time being, until you get more funds. again, thats up to you. you won't be able to max your games with onboard video though. also, it might end up costing a bit more.

as long as your case is an atx mid or full tower, which is probably the most common and what it sounds like you have right now, then yes, any atx power supply will fit and work.

whether you buy now or later i guess is entirely up to you. around when is your b-day? if you need or want something now, youll probably have to drop the graphics card for now, and use a mobo with onboard video instead for the time being, until you get more funds. again, thats up to you. you won't be able to max your games with onboard video though. also, it might end up costing a bit more.

ERR, Well, not to sound stupid and all but whats a mobo with onboard video? and im alright ill stick to my computer till i get my new computer... and if it does cost more, approxemitly how much are we talking here? with the old build it was $746 i think(including the $shipping) how much will it be in around like november? Well, mayb the deals would b different but prices get cheaper as others come out, also they might put up the same deal again right? theres always a chance lol. but like i said, i want that amd quad core, that graphics card, and atleast 4gb ram, the rest is up to you like i said, well once i get my cash and blah blah blah, we can find a new like motherboard,fan, and etc.
is ther any like cool new things in my price range coming out from now to like november? because if there is something new and better ill get that instead, ifnot im 100% i want those 3 things.
THANKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH BTW! :D

motherboard with integrated video, meaning a separate graphics card isnt necessary, but its no where near as good.

those parts will most likely still be available in nov. btw, ati and nvidia are supposed to be releasing their next gen cards around that time, so when you come back well see if those are out yet, and the prices of some of the other parts you want might drop a bit too.

motherboard with integrated video, meaning a separate graphics card isnt necessary, but its no where near as good.

those parts will most likely still be available in nov. btw, ati and nvidia are supposed to be releasing their next gen cards around that time, so when you come back well see if those are out yet, and the prices of some of the other parts you want might drop a bit too.

ahhh kk cool, yeah man i just now got vac banned from steam for the second time, so i have nothing to do, i quit all my games that i have to pay, so i can save up my money, and i got nothing to do now and i haven't enjoyed playing 1 F2P MMO in my life yet (BTW ive played all well known f2p MMos..), ugh cant w8 till i get my new computer and play the game i have been wanting to play for months since it came out, i got sooo anxious to play that me and my friend swapped max lvls ACCT from that to WoW, then a day later, i found out my computer couldnt run it, also that i would need a very nice computer to run it with out lag, because almost every one has lag issues and only those that dont are thos eppl that spend like 2grand building there's(but i dont care about the graphics so low detail no lag ftw LOL)...and it makes me want to play even more lol. ughhh and school starting 2 days, dammit... i CANT w8 till my birthday or if i magically run into 200$ lol. 2 worst months of my life atm.

THNX so much for all your help, you know maybe some names of the new cards or so? just wondering. if it is like i said earlier, better for around same price, i will wait like a week if i have to to get it but if they are all like very expensive cards don't bother..

And again, THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom