Buzzing noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
I finally built my computer YAY!!! I am having 2 problems with it... the first being a humming/buzzing noise coming from my headphones that I have plugged into the flip up panel on the top of my Cooler Master ATCS 840. I have the EVGA X58 SLI MB if that helps...

Also, I go into the EVGA E-Leet software that came with the MB (it looks just like CPUZ) and it says that my DRAM Freq. is only ~530 MHz... I have the OCZ Platinum...

If anyone could help me with these 2 issues that would be awesome... Ohh and the Kaze 3000 fits on my MB with the Megahalems yay!

It could be the case's headphone jack that is causing the buzzing noise. Try the MB's headphone jack and see if there's buzzing noise there.

It shows the DRAM frequency as 530MHz because that is the real speed that the memory is running at. But it's efficiency speed is around 1060MHz. Hence the name DDR (Double Data Rate).

It was constant... but I switched to the jack on my MB and everything is fine now...

Let's see about getting your memory up to speed and whatever else we can speed up :D Print out this template go to your bios and fill in your settings. Then post your settings so I/we can see whats going on. Also post us a screeshot of HWMonitor running :D

HWMonitor 1.14 download from Guru3D.com

Mother Board ( )
Drivers ( )
Bios ( )
CPU ( ) (with 920's please also add the stepping CO or DO)
CPU Cooler ( )
Memory ( )
PSU ( )
GPU ( )
Drivers ( )
Operating System ( )

Frequency Control
CPU Clock Ratio ( )
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ( )
MCH Strap ( )
CPU Uncore Frequency (Mhz) ( )
CPU Clock Skew ( )
Spread Spectrum ( )
OC Recovery ( )
PCIE Frequency ( )

Memory Feature
Memory Speed ( )
Memory Control Setting ( )
Memory Frequency ( )
Channel Interleave Setting ( )
Rank Interleave Setting ( )
Memory Low Gap ( )
tCL Setting ( )
tRCD Setting ( )
tRP Setting ( )
tRAS Setting ( )
tRFC Setting ( )
Command Rate ( )

Voltage Control
EVGA VDroop Control ( )
CPU VCore ( )
CPU VTT Voltage ( )
CPU PLL VCore ( )
DIMM Voltage ( )
DIMM DQ Vref ( )
QPI PLL VCore ( )
IOH VCore ( )
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage ( )
ICH VCore ( )
PWM Frequency ( )

CPU Feature
Intel SpeedStep ( )
Turbo Mode Function ( )
CxE Function ( )
Execute Disable Bit ( )
Virtualization Technology ( )
Intel HT Technology ( )
Active Processor Cores ( )
QPI Control Settings ( )
QPI Link Fast Mode ( )
QPI Frequency Selection ( )

Thanks so much for this man... I will print this out and move my future posts to the "Screen Freezing" post I made in the trouble shooting section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom