Freezing Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davvda

Beta member
Freezing Startup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by saying hello and that I'm new to the forum. My english is also not the best so I apologize for any spelling mistakes or similar in this thread.

Bought a new processor (Intel Core 2 Duo E8400) and a new lowbudget motherboard (Gigabyte G31M-ES2L) a while ago. My computer is a HP Pavilion. My uncle (the one I know that knows computers best) has been trying to install it everyday 3 hours a day now until he gave up, I guess.

The problem is...

After putting everything in the computer itself correctly we start the computer. First time we just chose to start windows normally (Vista). The loading screen begins and then freezes... completely. We decided to put the old stuff inside and formated to the beta of Windows 7. At startup still the same problem, freezes.

We can access safemode without any freezes but strangely not safe mod with networking. As you might notice with the kind of language I use I'm not really a computer whiz myself.

The things he could think of was:

A missing driver routine (or whatever it's called in english)

Something wrong with the fan. Not cooling the processor which makes it too hot and therefore freeze (though we have tried different fans)

And RAM. In the other motherboard there were 4 RAM "places" but in the Gigabyte one, the new, it only has 2. I only had 4x 512MB RAM in the other one and now I only have 1GB (2x 512MB), might that be the problem?

I will borrow 2x 2GB RAM from my cousin later and if it works... well, yay? :p

I really hope you can help me solve it or maybe atleast add another alternative.

Kind regards
/Davvda

try to install windows vista with the new parts ... should not freeze but if it freezes .. ell me where it freeze ..

by the way .. the E8400 CPU needs a very good fan .. the usual fans will not hundle the increase of CPU heat when booting vista or windows 7 ..

try to install windows vista with the new parts ... should not freeze but if it freezes .. ell me where it freeze ..

by the way .. the E8400 CPU needs a very good fan .. the usual fans will not hundle the increase of CPU heat when booting vista or windows 7 ..

I am actually using a fan that has the same... "power" as the one that followed with the package. But tomorrow I'll try to install xp, vista or 7 and I will tell you, if it freezes, where it freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom