Is a decent widescreen monitor for under £100 possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
I suppose that entirely depends on what I mean by decent, doesn't it?

Well, I'll be (finally) off to Uni in about a month or so, so I'm going to need to get rid of the worlds chunkiest CRT. It will be a tearful farewell for sure.

So can anybody give me any recommendations for a nice widescreen for under £100? "Under" is the key word here as Uni's likely to drain my poor wallet enough as it is.

Is there anything I can get that will actually give a good black? That gives crisp, clean colours without burn in? That doesn't look like I'm looking through a muddy puddle? I'm really not very savvy when it comes to monitors so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I do like WoW (perhaps to my shame ;) ) so something that'll make it look right purdy would be grand!

It is my understanding that LCD as a technology cannot display true black. That said, I don't notice. Not sure about over there, but here what you ask for is possible if you convert the currency. Really have no idea about prices outside the US, though.

Should be the exact same monitor, but I was actually wondering about the website!

Oh, I don't know anything about the website since I'm not a UK guy, lol. I'm sure someone will know something.

When dealing with such small differences make sure you calculate shipping at both sites to make sure its still lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom