Project: Wind Ryder "Reloaded" (56k beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone. I was actually surprised at how easy it was. This was my first time modding a case and cutting holes with a dremel, but it was all very simple and easy! I think it turned out great and it does keep the case a good 4C cooler in most areas.

Hmm, I would hsave expected more than 4C, but I just noticed your front fan is alittle high... if you had it lower you'd get a more upward flow..

You have alot of top flow, but not alot of lower flow.

Could you put a second front, like the antec 300?

I've been wanting to do the exact same thing to my case almost, except just a top fan. Although at my house we have an abundance of useless fencing tools and wood stuff, but no dremel or circle cutter :(.

You'res look awesome though.

Hmm, I would hsave expected more than 4C, but I just noticed your front fan is alittle high... if you had it lower you'd get a more upward flow..

You have alot of top flow, but not alot of lower flow.

Could you put a second front, like the antec 300?

My front intake is at the absolute bottom of the case. I also have a 90mm fan located at the bottom so basically the bottom intake fan has an exhaust and the top areas have their own system. I did this to try and lower the CPU temps mostly, which it worked. I'm seeing CPU temps drop by 5C over the old temps, which since this didn't really cost me much (used existing fans) I figure 5C is plenty :) It went from idling around 40/44C to 35/38C.

Oops.. my bad.. your pics are sidewayish, so what I thought as ther front.. is the top.

You could try.. both bottoms as intake, as you haave b3 top outs.... I think.. i'm sorta lost on your pics....

Oops.. my bad.. your pics are sidewayish, so what I thought as ther front.. is the top.

You could try.. both bottoms as intake, as you haave b3 top outs.... I think.. i'm sorta lost on your pics....

Ok, I had just a front intake and a rear exhaust. The two fans in the pictures that I added are one top exhaust fan and one side intake fan. So I have 2 exhaust fans and 2 intake fans total on my system. 3 exhausts if you count the 90mm PCI fan at the bottom to help move hot air away from the GPU and HDDs.

Hope that helps :p

Rig up a scoop on the side fan to direct the intake directly into the CPU cooler and you will get better temps. ;)

Very nice work with a dremel and cutting disc.

If you plan on cutting holes like this in the future, a 4.5" hole saw and a corded drill with a hammer function works wonders on cutting through side panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom