AN issue with hard drive imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

changsterdj

Baseband Member
Hi guys, thanx for reading and responding ahead of time

I am a new tech geek, so my skills are at white belt right now...

anyways...I am wondering if there is a program where you can copy what you have on one laptop hard drive, into an image, which you can then copy onto the new drive, and have it run like you did with the old drive, but without having to reinstall everything

Acronis True Image
It the best harddisc copy software out there today.
Just copy to the new drive..Unplug old drive...Boot up new drive.

Acronis True Image
It the best harddisc copy software out there today.
Just copy to the new drive..Unplug old drive...Boot up new drive.

cool, so with this software, I do not need to reinstall all my programs & re-register everything?

It will restore everything from the time you made the image. If you had installed or changed anything after you made the image that information will not be present and you will have to redo that aspect.

It will restore everything from the time you made the image. If you had installed or changed anything after you made the image that information will not be present and you will have to redo that aspect.

so I have made the image

I put it onto an external hard drive...

now how do I put this onto a new blank drive?

(I am using acronis)

Do a recovery instead of a backup. Select the external > image as the source and the new/blank drive as the destination. If you do this from the recovery CD then I don't think an external will work, but if you do it from Windows then it should.

Do a recovery instead of a backup. Select the external > image as the source and the new/blank drive as the destination. If you do this from the recovery CD then I don't think an external will work, but if you do it from Windows then it should.

thanx man, i will give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom