Wait for Windows 7 or Jump on Laptop Deal now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
I have the opportunity to get a good deal on a laptop, but I am hesitant to buy simply because it obviously comes with Windows Vista Premium. If I buy, I'll get Windows 7 upgrade for free in October or whenever.

My concerns with doing Vista to 7 upgrade are:

- Time and effort to actually install
- Chance of problems with the upgrade

Meaning, is it simply better to wait for 7 to come out to avoid any hassles? Or am I overthinking this and worrying about an upgrade that shouldn't be a problem? Is there an advantage of just Windows 7 on the system? Does Vista to 7 upgrade leave Vista on machine?

Thoughts?

Upgrades generally speaking should be avoided if possible. Not that they don't work, but sometimes drivers, programs and settings don't transfer over properly. Windows does bloat that the upgrade process is smoother than previous years.

If this is a NEEDED laptop, purchase it now and i'm sure the upgrade won't be too painful. If you just want another laptop or just looking for another upgrade just wait a few months. Deals start coming out in the fall anyways.

If you don't need the laptop right now, wait. A couple months from now, you'll be able to get it with Win7, plus I'm sure the same stuff you would be buying now could go down in price by that time, even if it's just a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom