My Pc to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the tv has hdmi input, and the laptop has hdmi output, it should be as simple as using a single cable as it should carry both audio and video.

Edit: read the specs. Ya you'd have to use a vga cable to either vga in or RGB on the tv. Depends on what kind of inputs the tv has. But yes you'll need both a vga cable and an audio output cable with a y for the tv.

Edit2: something like this. For only $2.04 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6FT VGA to 3 RCA component video cable (HD15 - 3-RCA) | VGA to 3 RCA component cable

Also, monoprice.com is the BEST place to buy cables.

Wait, I thought HDMI was audio as well...
My xbox is plugged into TV via HDMI... and I have sound.

HDMI can carry audio but because he only has a VGA output the audio signal is not there to carry. If he has a VGA input on the TV that would probably be the best one to use, if not then the one veedubfreak posted. Either way he is going to need a seperate cable to carry audio.

ok my question here is :

i will get a Vga to Dvi adapter > plug this in VGA port

Get a Dvi to HDMI cabel , connect the Dvi to the adapter that connect the dvi to vga port and then connect the HDMI port in my tv and use the audio wire for the sound ?

so is this going to work ?

ok my question here is :

i will get a Vga to Dvi adapter > plug this in VGA port

Get a Dvi to HDMI cabel , connect the Dvi to the adapter that connect the dvi to vga port and then connect the HDMI port in my tv and use the audio wire for the sound ?

so is this going to work ?

No... VGA is analog, HDMI is digital. DVI can be both. You will need a VGA cable just like your monitor's VGA cable, but longer. If you do not buy a new video card, you will have to use a KVM switch, since your computer only has one video output, or you will have to disconnect your monitor, and then connect your t.v, everytime you want to use the computer on your t.v.

yeah turns out i was fooling myself too lol

i am going to get a video card/graphics card now i guess , can you guys suggest what is the best one and affordable one for my pc , budget is like 50 , i would prefer ordering thru newegg

thanks

yeah turns out i was fooling myself too lol

i am going to get a video card/graphics card now i guess , can you guys suggest what is the best one and affordable one for my pc , budget is like 50 , i would prefer ordering thru newegg

thanks

If you're not gaming, get a 3450/4350. If you're gaming some, get a 4650, or save a little and get a 4670 (much much better than the 4650.) These are all ATI by the way.

I would suggest this.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100256HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or if you have a weaker power supply, get something like this :

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFire Supported Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

If you're not gaming, get a 3450/4350. If you're gaming some, get a 4650, or save a little and get a 4670 (much much better than the 4650.) These are all ATI by the way.

I would suggest this.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100256HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or if you have a weaker power supply, get something like this :

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFire Supported Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

oh well i dont play games at all , just my regular computer works , word,photoshop , fireworks , dreamweaver, mediaplayers etc

I need something for my tv , coz i am done with burning dvds now

So something less than $40 would be great for me , i dont know what you mean by power supply , but my computer is on usually all the times, i restart or shut down like once a 3 week .

So is you second suggestion good for me as you already know my pc , it fits perfectly for my pc right ?

i also decided to go with this cabel , tell me if its good for me to connect my pc to tv after i change the graphic card

Newegg.com - SYBA 15 ft. DVI to HDMI Cable Model SY-DVIHDMI-MM15 - Cables

oh well i dont play games at all , just my regular computer works , word,photoshop , fireworks , dreamweaver, mediaplayers etc

I need something for my tv , coz i am done with burning dvds now

So something less than $40 would be great for me , i dont know what you mean by power supply , but my computer is on usually all the times, i restart or shut down like once a 3 week .

So is you second suggestion good for me as you already know my pc , it fits perfectly for my pc right ?

i also decided to go with this cabel , tell me if its good for me to connect my pc to tv after i change the graphic card

Newegg.com - SYBA 15 ft. DVI to HDMI Cable Model SY-DVIHDMI-MM15 - Cables

The second one would work great. I had a 3450, and it played BluRays at 1080p flawlessly. The good thing about the 4350 that I linked, is that you don't have to have a DVI-to-HDMI adapter. It has integrated HDMI, so you can use a normal HDMI cable. I'm fairly sure you can get audio without plugging in any extra things into the video card. That's how it was on my 3450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom