Was this a good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't buy a raptor, it wouldn't be worth the money. Go with either an SSD or a Caviar Black.

What SSD would you recommend? I could only get One, and then an external Caviar. That looks good. maybe i'll upgrade the ram to 3x2s instead of 3x1s if its not too much more...than i'll be able to sleep at night.

I'd just cancel that order personally. You can get so much better from building you're own or even cyberpower.

I will ask him tomorrow if he has already ordered anything. Then I will go from there.

Don't buy a raptor, it wouldn't be worth the money. Go with either an SSD or a Caviar Black.

While I agree with that. SSD is still evolving, so there not quite up to par. Caviar would be a good 2nd hard drive, especially if i cant do anything about the baby raptor. but its only like -$100 less, and taking out the sound card would fix that. I'm talking to myself too. I can live with that and just get 3x2 ram and we be cool with the mule.:cool:

While I agree with that. SSD is still evolving, so there not quite up to par. Caviar would be a good 2nd hard drive, especially if i cant do anything about the baby raptor. but its only like -$100 less, and taking out the sound card would fix that. I'm talking to myself too. I can live with that and just get 3x2 ram and we be cool with the mule.:cool:

SSD's are still improving but they are already far better than any conventional hard drive including the Velociraptor. For example the 4kb random write speed of the Velociraptor is 1.6MB/s while the random write speed of the Intel X25-M G2 is 34.5MB/s, an order of magnitude faster.

SSDs are to the point where they are very capable OS drives, if you have the money for them. If you can shell out enough for them, I'd so go for it.

like the intels? Yeah well i just bought a raptor so... i'll have to do it later down the road, but i think i'll be cool for now. They are looking good but i think they could be betterr. thanks love you.

On board sound is fine but I would go sound card for music production. The right sound card can be way better quality then on board.

On board sound is fine but I would go sound card for music production. The right sound card can be way better quality then on board.

Right, Right, But I use an External Audio Interface via usb which picks up as my audio device if I choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom