Look at this PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I went to this QuakeConn convention over the weekend. I thought it was a gaming convention that would have new games coming out and such. I was really clueless about it. I just heard about it over the radio and decided to check it out since it was local. Turns out it's a big azz geek fest aka huge LAN party. Any way I walked around and ppl actually brought their own computers. Check out this dudes computer. He said it's OC to 5.0. Have no idea if it actually was or not but looks like it could be! haha

photo.jpg

Never heard of quakecon before??

Thats the whole purpose, its a lanfest and made for you to take your pc there. Its been going on for the past 10 years at least.

I went to this QuakeConn convention over the weekend. I thought it was a gaming convention that would have new games coming out and such. I was really clueless about it. I just heard about it over the radio and decided to check it out since it was local. Turns out it's a big azz geek fest aka huge LAN party. Any way I walked around and ppl actually brought their own computers. Check out this dudes computer. He said it's OC to 5.0. Have no idea if it actually was or not but looks like it could be! haha

What did you think a LAN party usually entailed? Most people do bring their own PC's...

LOL at having the phase inside his case....kinda defeats the purpose a bit. The coils have to dissipate the heat somewhere...

What did you think a LAN party usually entailed? Most people do bring their own PC's...

You may have missed the part where i said I was clueless.

However there was a section where there was nothing but computers from the people that put the event together. So not everyone brought a computer.

I didn't know it was a LAN party. I thought it might be a mini E3 basically. Big let down. Think we spent about 10 minutes there. Saw a lot of home made computer cases. Pretty funny stuff.

big let down??

Its the biggest lan party held annually in all of the united states....people come from all over for it.

been going on for 13 years:
QuakeCon 2009

Im not into that kinda thing either though.

Big let down in that I went into it not knowing what was up. I was thinking there would be booths set up for ps3, xbox, good pc games, new games coming out, etc.

I would kill to go to quakecon! Its too far away and I don't have the kind of money to be blowing on travel expenses to play video games, but man would I love to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom