My Pc to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

gafadi

Baseband Member
hey guys i have a Lcd tv from Philips 42"

i got a pc from gateway GT5220

so what i am planning is connecting my pc to my tv because i want to stop burning so many dvds and stuff ,because i only watch it one time

I pc is about 20 feet from my tv

ok here is the plan

Connect a dvi cable in my pc and connect the HDMI cable
Newegg.com - BYTECC 25 ft. HDMI Male to DVI-D Male Single Link Cable Model HDMID-25 - Cables

the use Y Audio Cable to connect my pc audio to tv
Newegg.com - BELKIN PURE AV F8V235-12 12 ft. Y Audio Cable M-M - Audio Video Cables

So am i getting this right ?
this is the right way ?

i dont even know if i have one , is this the one ?

NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150LE graphics

its listed in my mycomupter>properties>divice manager>display adapters

i dont even know if i have one , is this the one ?

NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150LE graphics

its listed in my mycomupter>properties>divice manager>display adapters

Yes, that's one. The DVI to HDMI wouldn't work, as you don't even have DVI (According to the specs page.) You would have to add a graphics card to have both your computer monitor and your television connected. Or you would have to use a KVM switch, but then your television must have a VGA input.

ok i checked and yes there is no dvi , so i am thinking this

get a vga to dvi adapter
vga to dvi adapter - Google Images

then do the rest of the process as i explained at first, get a dvi to HDMI cable , connect the dvi to the pc via that adapter and connect the HDMI to my tv . And use that the use Y Audio Cable to connect my pc audio to tv.

would that work ? i am very new into this kind of technical stuff thats why it may look stupid

thanks

so guys please help me , so does this mean i need to buy a new video card ? the one i have doesnt work ?

what i am planning to do like i said in previous post is that , i will get a Vga to Dvi adapter and follow the original plan

Get a Dvi to HDMI cabel , connect the Dvi to the adapter that connect the dvi to vga port and then connect the HDMI port in my tv and use the audio wire for the sound ? does that work ? its kind of important so i want to know

Wait, I thought HDMI was audio as well...
My xbox is plugged into TV via HDMI... and I have sound.

Wait, I thought HDMI was audio as well...
My xbox is plugged into TV via HDMI... and I have sound.

thats via xbox , i think the graphics card from pc doesnt do that one needs to do it manually
anyway can anyone reply if what i said can be done or not

*what i said , i am not a technician so not sure about it but i think thats the case, graphics card from pc doesnt transmit audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom