Dell XPS Laptop Monitor Fading Dark, Left to Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

recasper

Beta member
Greetings all,

I have a Dell XPS M1710 Laptop. The monitor has began to fade darker and darker as time passes. It begins on the left of the monitor. The right side remains fine but the "ok" area shrinks as the dark carries over and the left most side fades deeper and deeper.

I have used an external monitor and it works fine. This also only begins to happen as my use time prolongs. If I leave it off for a few hours and turn it on, it seems ok for a short period of time before the fading begins.

Also upon turning on, for a duration the screen will start very flickering. Very very quick but subtle.

I hope I explained this correctly.

Could this be the inverter, or would it be more likely that its an entire monitor issue.

Rather than start replacing various parts, spending time and money in a failed attempt at discovering the true issue, I thought I would come to the experts for a feasible avenue to start.

Thank you in advance.

maybe a connection problem .. check the monitor cable inside the laptop maybe just unplug it & replug it will fix this prblem .. << I got this problem befor & fixed this way but on asper aspire 5315 ..
so if it didin't work that's mean it is an entier monitor problem ...

sorry if I wrote somthing with a wrong spelling :)

I have taken apart the system, checked, unplugged, cleaned, replugged the cables. But still to no avail. It seems like there is a lack of power feeding to the left side causing it to continually fade to dark over time. I was assuming, well hoping rather, that it would simply be a 10$ inverter... But, we all know what assuming gets makes for. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom