Acer as6530-6522 ATI 3200 HD graphics card how to increase memory size

Status
Not open for further replies.

qhdevon43

Beta member
OK so i just bought the acer 6530-6522 laptop from bestbuy recently and I love this computer. I am to believe that other computers, with an integrated ati 3200 graphics card, are able to adjust the shared memory size for the graphics card by going into the bios and setting it... However I have not found out how to do this. I mean I have tried looking and i find the video portion inside of my bios but it does not give me an option to change my shared memory .... maybe its on auto or something i dunno

here's a picture of my bios screen

28jku4x.jpg

Well, I just checked my 8930, with nvidia 9600gt, and i'm not sure ifv you can in the bios.

It, like yours, is blacked out.

Edit...

Reading around, its a dynamic setting, in that it'll auto-adjust for you.

ok so with the help of my friend donald, we figured out that the reason i could not increase my video memory size was because acer no longer wants people to do that themselves, so they released a bios update. As of right now there are 2 bios versions for my laptop version 3216 and 3223. I had version 3223 in which that bios did not let me change my video settings, however the old one did. Basically if you have the same laptop as mine then you need to downgrade your bios (if u want to ) to version 3216. I did and it worked flawlessly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom