boot up major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
ok, last night, i shut pc off correctly. I get up this morning, go to school. I come back, and push the power button on pc. i get the 1st few normal boot screens, then i get this screen with L 99 99 99 99 with 99s all the way down to half screen. It stays at taht screen. I turn pc off, and turn back on, this time, nothing, the light on screen doesnt even turn green. Its orange, but there is power, the pc turns on. But i dont get any wierd noises. I turned pc off, opened up case, cleared Cmos. Turned pc on, now even worse. I get same thing, black screen, orange light, but now i get a sound thats like a fire truck, i swear to god. Horible beeping sounds, and just stays there, the screen wont even turn to green light.

Please help. Oh well, this might be the sign that im getting my new pc soon :D.

U-Toast

the first error sound like a lilo error code. after that, weird. try reseating everything and a barebone config.

alright il try it, maybe u should know this:

Had slackware installed, and i deleted the partitions on accident, but pc was fine. How can i uninstall lilo? since i dont have linux anymore, lol. And il try the barebone config, and see.

Thanks killians

no prob ;) not sure how far the boot seq will go due to the partition, but at least try and get the system to show a screen. Make sure no cdrom or floppy is attached to the barebones.

ok got pc up on barebone. It turns on, screen comes on, i get boot screen, and back to lilo error i guess. the beeping was that my mobo didt recognize my cpu fan was on, but it was. il fix that lata, cuz thats working fine. now to the lilo problem..

What am i supposed to do..?

k, now as far as removing the partition was it the primary partition or logical/extended. If it was primary, guess you could try partition magic to get it back, otherwise you maybe looking at a ffr. If it was only removing the secondary boot partition, then lilo is still looking for the kernel info to boot from and can't find it. May want to try running lilo again and remove it from there OR run fixboot and/or fixmbr and boot again. that should fix it, hopefully.

damn its on primary, iits on mbr. i think. il just reformat the whole damn thing lata, when i have the motivation to do it, lol. its gona take ages to dl all the stuff i have, but i dont mind. easier this way. and i could use a clean pc. But i kinda wich my pc was still beeping, so i can have an excuse to get my new pc earlier, lol. oh well

just get a dos boot disk, download or something, then run fixmbr and fixboot. but it maybe to late, dont know yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom