Gaming pc? not so high budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use 64-Bit. Vista over XP. But if I were you, I would go with the Windows 7 RC x64.

Also use the edit button at the bottom of your post so you don't have to double/triple post :p

if you have extra money, why wouldnt you buy a new case if you say your current one is old? these are a couple good ones that arent overly expensive.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series CS-NT-ZERO-2 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

also, when you say how can cheaper be better, are you referring to what hussein said before? if you are, my build isnt really cheaper. puddle jumper included vista and a case, i didnt, so his build would actually be a little under $700 if he removed those. with my build, though ive given you the option if you want to add another 4890 in the future, the mobo supports it, and the power supply is ready.

hey umm, well my dad told me that my old case wont work, i thought any case works with anything cuz its the same? mayb cuz of power supply or sumthing idono, u think anycase works with anything or do i HAVE to get a new case? i will get a new case in the future.. ima also save up and buy new mouse and keyboard and headset then after than ill get new case and second 4890, i got it planned out =p. but well my case is really old, by that i mean like really really really old lol like mayb 1999? i know.. i never got a new case cuz i dont care about looks really i perfer performance.. and it sjust a plain case with seethru side where my is connected to.. my comp is a comp my dad made aloooong time ago lol. do i HAVE to get a new case? cuz those liek 50 bucks can get me like a deathadder or anything..

is the case from a pre-built computer like an hp or dell? that might be why he says it wont work.

they are not all for show. either of the antec 300 cases i linked above have good airflow for the price, which will keep your hardware cool.

hey umm, well my dad told me that my old case wont work, i thought any case works with anything cuz its the same? mayb cuz of power supply or sumthing idono, u think anycase works with anything or do i HAVE to get a new case? i will get a new case in the future.. ima also save up and buy new mouse and keyboard and headset then after than ill get new case and second 4890, i got it planned out =p. but well my case is really old, by that i mean like really really really old lol like mayb 1999? i know.. i never got a new case cuz i dont care about looks really i perfer performance.. and it sjust a plain case with seethru side where my is connected to.. my comp is a comp my dad made aloooong time ago lol. do i HAVE to get a new case? cuz those liek 50 bucks can get me like a deathadder or anything..

woaahh man,
slow down

breathe in ....

now breathe out..

first, try not to double and triple post, there's an edit button :rolleyes:
you have to watch out or a mod will get you lol

also, it would help you and everyone else out if you used spell check and the enter button.
just constructive criticism.

Now what you have to understand is the one brand isn't just "better" than the other.

That's be like saying because your N64 is a Nintendo it is better/faster than an xbox 360 because the 360 is a microsoft.

or if your a ford/ or chevy guy that's like saying a say Ford Probe is better than a Chevy C6 Corvette just because the Probe is a Ford.

Each company major company nvidia/ati AMD/intel so on and so forth has it's on advantages/disadvantages

In the GFX market nVidia holds the performance crown because it makes fastest card out (the GTX295) but ATI is more popular because it offers better prices and alot of bang-for-your-buck.

Check this thread out, you'll understand a little better :)

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-performance-list-212331/

The people who suggest great rigs for you do it everyday, they've got it down to an art, you should trust them just as you trust the gov't *cough* ;)

You said you wanted to do this right, well don't gimp on your case, it's just as vital as anything else.

You wouldn't spend $25,000 buying a massive V10 engine and put it into a VW bug would you? :freak:

is the case from a pre-built computer like an hp or dell? that might be why he says it wont work.

they are not all for show. either of the antec 300 cases i linked above have good airflow for the price, which will keep your hardware cool.

well, my computer is custom built but its very old, so yes i have a case thats not from a pre-built computer... but does any case that's not from a pre-built computer work? like any case i would buy would work right? so i don't, why can't i use this one? idc about looks atm because ill get a new case after i get some more money...

you think i can use this? is there possibility it wont work?

I dont know that much about computers and only a little bit about hardware, But recently Ive been faceing the same problem. Im going to upgrade from my 2002 or 2003 P4 build for the first time.
And the budget is around the same ie not more than $840 strictally!!

and may be Im thinking in the wrong direction but Ive planned to go with a core I7.

There is one thing that Ive learned soo far through my reasearch, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH COOLING!!!!........Ive got a very difficult budget build but Im getting a "CM 690 Chassie" and a "CM V8 CPU cooler"
Its also true that I plan to go with only 2 gigs of RAM for now and a very idiotic GFX card. But those I plan to upgrade in the near future as soon as I have some moner......BUT remember!!....Always get a good cooling system in your rig. and only a few cheap cases offer that vigirous cooling or so to say :p

I dont know that much about computers and only a little bit about hardware, But recently Ive been faceing the same problem. Im going to upgrade from my 2002 or 2003 P4 build for the first time.
And the budget is around the same ie not more than $840 strictally!!

and may be Im thinking in the wrong direction but Ive planned to go with a core I7.

There is one thing that Ive learned soo far through my reasearch, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH COOLING!!!!........Ive got a very difficult budget build but Im getting a "CM 690 Chassie" and a "CM V8 CPU cooler"
Its also true that I plan to go with only 2 gigs of RAM for now and a very idiotic GFX card. But those I plan to upgrade in the near future as soon as I have some moner......BUT remember!!....Always get a good cooling system in your rig. and only a few cheap cases offer that vigirous cooling or so to say :p

WHOA, ive been reading ALOT about the amd quad core that im getting soon and the i7, yes the i7 is better but for people on a budget like us? NO, the amd quad core that im getting is the best ''Bang For Your Buck'' as the other guy said in my thread, its not that much worse, they r both very good, its better getting the amd then getting a good graphics card, i read alot about the graphics card that im getting too, its also the best ''bang for your buck''... i looked at the graphics card list and it was top 6 that he had. also its much cheaper than others. ima ask my dad why i cant use my case and i agree if not im gonna get like the cheapest case i can find that will work, i prefer better performance than just looks. BTW, 2gig ram? nonono, atleast get like 3-4gb, like i said... the i7 is amazing but not a good way to go if your in a budget.

Kk, now about me lol, i was wondering, does any power supply work with any? like for certain builds do u have to change the power supply or all of them work with everything? because i think that's why my dad said my case wouldn't work with it because of the power supply...?

yea that could be a reason. some mini and slim cases use smaller power supplies that are designed for their compact size, so you cant use standard atx size power supplies because they wont fit.

you're still a good bit under budget, so why not just get a new case for better cooling. you have some high end components and you need to keep them cool or else they might not work properly or efficiently. if the case just so happens to look cool, that doesn't mean youre buying it necessarily for the looks. this is a great case with 2 intake fans, 2 exhaust fans, and its not super expensive, you'd still be within your original budget.

Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom