Computer stuck at motherboard logo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
my pc was workin fine until i reboot and is stuck at the motherboard logo screen (gigabyte) but it still did a POST.

cleared cmos (took out the battery for 10 min)
unplug everything and reinstalled one stick of ram, video card, processor

all i have runnin are video card, one stick of ram, keyboard and it's still stuck at the logo screen. i can't even get into the bios. the keyboard don't work but it still does a POST. dunno what happen. any ideas?

can you start it up with a boot cd or live cd?

Is there a key combination to see the post info instead of the splash screen. That may give some insight.

Tried different sticks of ram in different slots?

i can't boot anything cuz it just stops at the logo screen and the keyboard don't work.

yeah tried installing different memory RAM in different slots and it still stuck at the logo screen. i'm just stuck up!!

Might be a short somewhere too. Take it out of the case and, like kmote said, down to the basics. I would even try it without the GPU just to see if you get any further.

^ right. With just CPU and ram at least you'll get some beeps when it encounters no video device.

ok so yeah i took out everything from the case (took out cmos battery first) and dust off the components as well but it's still stuck.

i installed without the video card = continuous long beeps

So without the video card you get stuck, but you have continuous long beeps? Try it again with the video card in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom