Slaymate's Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick sick sick! Can anyone tell me why there is a SATA port right above the first pci-e slot?

There are 9 sata ports and 1 e-sata ports.They are controlled by 3 different chips. The 8 ports at the bottom left all support raid 0 and raid 1 and are controlled by the South Bridge and a JMicron JMB363 chip. The port above the pci slot and the e-sata at the I/O panel are just standard non-raid ports controlled by a JMicron JMB362 chip.

Well I've been trying to tune this thing in. With lower volts I'm getting much higher load temps. I did buy some of the new Tuniq TX-3 thermal paste. Instead of the usual creamy paste this stuff is almost chaulky. I've never liked using that type of paste. I've got about 10 different types of paste at my office, I'll bring some home tomorrow and replace this stuff I'm using. I have a feeling it's going to help :D

I got the same type of paste with my cooler, it's really NOT creamy. Very thick kinda paste. I found the best way to apply it was with a very small, semi-stiff paintbrush.

It's VERY easy to put too much, with this type of paste you only need enough so it's juuuust covering the top, thin enough so that you can almost see through it, in fact if you stare really hard you can.
You get the idea.

I also bought some TX-2, much easier to apply but I find the NT-H1 drops an extra degree under full load in comparison. Not much, but hey if you need it it's there.

Well I've gotten my temps down quite a bit. I replaced the Tuniq TX-3 paste with some IC 7 carat Diamond, it's expensive but it totally rocks :D

Innovation Cooling Diamond "7 Carat" Thermal Compound - 1.5 Grams - FrozenCPU.com

I also rotated the cpu heatsink so it's not touching the NB heatsink, but now the 120x38mm won't fit so I've got 2 120x25mm fans in a push pull. I also added a fan to the NB and a fan to the mosfets. My camera is at my office so I'll take some pictures tomorrow. It's dropped my idle temps down a couple of degrees but my load temps have dropped by 10+ degrees. I was seeing mid to high 80's across the board yesterday.

newtemps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom