Which PC is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neko_ceko

Solid State Member
I can't choice between these 2 PC's, so I need you guys to tell me which one is better for gaming:

Processor: Intel Core2Duo E8400 3,0GHz
Motherboard: MB Gigabyte socket 775
Memory: 4096MB DDR2 800MHz Kingston
Graphic card: VGA 9800GT 1024MB DDR3
HDD: 500GB SATA WD Opticki pogon:
Optical drive: DVD RW Pioneer

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 7850 2,8GHz
Motherboard: SOCKET AM2/AM2+
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 800MHz
Graphic card: VGA ATI RADEON HD4670 1GB DDR3
HDD: 320 GB SATA II 7200 rpm
Optical drive: DVD RW Black LG
Sound card: 5.1 Ch. Sound Blaster OnBoard

The main reason is GTA IV btw, so another question is: Can they run GTA IV, on max settings ofc, and without lag etc...

Welcome to Tech-Forums, neko ceko!

The first rig, no doubt. Has a faster graphics card and processor.

How much are these anyway? And where are you buying from?

And the question on if they can run GTA IV on max settings will also depend on the monitor resolution that you plan on playing the game at.

The first system is the better of the two although a quad core would really be best for GTA IV. How much are you willing to spend and are you willing to build a system yourself?

Edit: b1gapl beet me to it.

Thanks for the fast reply. I was having doubts because in the place im buying it from it says the second PC is good for gaming, because of AMD processors and ATI cards, and also because of Vista (Direct X 10).
But I guess it's first one then. Also, I'm buying them from a place in my country (Bosnia), and the site is
A-computers web katalog proizvoda.

About the price, I can't say exactly, because on the page the price is together with monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse. But the prices (with monitor etc.) are:

First PC: 1599 KM (1152.35$)
Second PC: 1399 KM (1008.22$)

EDIT (just saw puddles reply) I would also like a quad core, but I just can't find one... Everywhere I look (note: I don't want to buy it online) it's always few good parts, other bad, or few bad, other good.. Like, 4 GB ram with 256 MB video card for example...

And, I don't know about building it my self. I know it would be the best but... Never build a PC before.. :/

Ah ok. I would of said to build it yourself with that price range. But finding out that you're in Bosnia, it might be difficult to find specific parts at the right prices.

So yea, go for the first system. What is the resolution of the monitor that the system comes with?

Thanks for the fast reply. I was having doubts because in the place im buying it from it says the second PC is good for gaming, because of AMD processors and ATI cards, and also because of Vista (Direct X 10).

Don't let the AMD fool you. They say AMD is great for gaming (and they are) but that does not mean they make the best CPU's for gaming. Intel's CPU's right now are actually faster in most games compared to AMD CPU's.

ATI and Nvidia each make good video cards but not all are for gaming but they beat Intel's GMA series for sure.

And to answer your question go with the first option it will play GTA IV better then the second one, but as others have said you would be better off with a quad core because GTA IV is very CPU intensive.

Thank you! ****.. If only I could fine the same PC with quad... I'll contact the company and see do they have anything like that :/

Ok so, they said they can replace the processor with:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB 1333MHz LGA775 BOX
So, how good is that?

That's awesome!

Please try not to double post.

Back to the platinum card sig? I really missed seeing that towards the bottom. :)

@ the OP, I'd highly consider keeping the e8400 and overclocking it to 4.0ghz (which should be a breeze) because the q8200 is quite limited, for example no Virtualization, also its quite low on cache and overclocking capability. If you want a Quad-core, I'd recommend opting for at least a q9000 series from Intel.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom