Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaevaX

Beta member
Hey,

Lately I have been having issues on computer. It used to be able to run sound, then, it stopped. I'm pretty sure this is due to the lack of the audio device on high definition audio bus driver. Could a hardware problem affect the ability to install this driver? I've tried and downloaded it many different ways, but it won't work on computer. If the onboard sound card didn't work, would that prohibit me from getting the driver?

Also, we have a ATI All In Wonder 9800 Pro Audio/Video Capture Card. This wouldn't act as sound card would it? I'm assuming it isn't like multi-functional as both a video and sound card.

Thanks for helping. If you need anymore information please post.

I'm on Windows XP SP2 I'm pretty sure, any other info you need? I was also checking online and I thought maybe the onboard audio disabled itself on the BIOS?

I've narrowed the problem down to being JUST the Realtek High Definition Audio device:
Name Realtek High Definition Audio
Manufacturer Realtek
Status Error
PNP Device ID
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F&REV_1005\5&2D12B196&0&0001

Driver
c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkhdaud.sys (5.10.0.5911 built by: WinDDK, 5.60 MB (5,874,176 bytes), 8/15/2009 9:52 PM)

What should I do?

well first look in the device manager .. do you see the sound card ? or any device with ! or ? on it ..
if there is a device with ! or ? tell me it's name ..

I know the problem is with the Realtek Highdefinition Audio. It can't start up. Apprantly the drivers are updated but it's just not starting.

sorry but I did not see your last post ..
so
uninstall the sound driver from the "add/remove programs" in the control paanel & uninstall the update : kb888111 from there too .. restart your computer
then intstall the update first (KB888111) & you will find a new device ..
install the HD realtek audio driver now .. This should work ..

Okay. Thanks. I'll post later and tell you if it works. I'm currently updating iPod so I can't restart computer.
Also I don't have the kb888111 audio driver package. I checked and it wasn't under the program list before.

for windows xp sp2 it is important to have the update KB888111 to have the HD audio device works !!
without it the windows xp will not recogenize the HD card ...
maybe it is in the add/remove programs but you did not choose to "show updates" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom