Turning off the Touchpad in Win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
I need/want to turn off the touchpad mouse in Win7 using a Toshiba Satellite A350D, I can't find it in win7! *EVERYTHING WORKS BETTER IN LINUX STILL!!!!!!*

Do you have compatible drivers for the Toshiba and Win7? I doubt it as almost every manufacturer said they wont release compatible drivers till Win7 is released. Blame Toshiba for not supporting the OS not the OS for not having the option. The OS doesnt know if it is going to be installed on a laptop or desktop and therefor can not have options for one or the other.

eh, you are right about that... but still, took me half an hour to install win7, which is toted to be the fastest of the windows os's, and have spent hours looking for drivers and updating it... ubuntu installed in 7 minutes, and all drivers were in place that were supported, and there were patched drivers that automatically were detected... why can windows not do this?

Because the RC Build is from May. There has been many updates done even to Win7 since, not to mention that it has to use old driver databases. Some that are even older than Vista. If the laptop doesnt have full support for Vista then it will not have full support for Win7.

Things like touchpad, webcam, pen tablets and more have had changes and modifications done to them which require updates done to the drivers to get them working properly which is not Microsoft's doing.

Now that Win7 has RTM'd as of 4:40pm Today there will be no reason why Toshiba can not get drivers ready for the release in Oct.

That might work. I wont guarantee it. But it might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom