Ethernet not being recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP x64 drivers for what? I doubt my machine could comfortably run Windows 7 with 2GB of DDR400 ram and an Athlon 64 3700+. So you guys are saying if I had a genuine XP x64 disc things would be working better?

I have an EVGA nForce3 250Gb chipset. Maybe nForce2

run cpuz and give us the exact model of your motherboard.

CPUID

I ran win7 just fine with a 4000+ and 2gb of ram but lets see what motherboard you have to determine if we can find xp64 drivers for your ethernet first.

run cpuz and give us the exact model of your motherboard.

CPUID

I ran win7 just fine with a 4000+ and 2gb of ram but lets see what motherboard you have to determine if we can find xp64 drivers for your ethernet first.

I agree, figure out which motherboard you have, or else we can't do anything else for you. My buddy ran Win7 on a similar rig, and it all worked, except for Aero support, but that was the graphics card.

On a side note with only 2gb of ram there is no real advantage to running xp64. Do you have xp x86 (32bit) version. Driver support is much better. If not give us the mb model and we will see what we can find for you.

Hey guys. Been busy, and trying to mess around with the various problems I'm having.

I never ran CPU-Z and can't now anyway because I used a friends computer to re-format the hard drive. It's clean.

Problem 1: The computer only seems to turn on the display at random. Unplugging everything, resetting the CMOS, messing with the power, all do absolutely nothing. Letting it sit for a day and plugging it back in works fine. After a day of sitting around it uses the display like it was never a problem and restarting it causes no problems either. - nevermind. It just randomly stops working whenever it feels like it but doesn't start working again. There have to be some wrong connections somewhere or something is bridged.

Problem 2: BOOTMGR is missing. I can't boot from CD because this is all that happens with ANY of the three genuine windows discs I have. Never had the problem before we used Vista to reformat the drive. All I can find is fixing it in the operating system, well I don't have one so that's out. No longer goes through diagnostics, can't get into the BIOS either (F12). Starts up with the motherboard screen, then goes straight to verifying DMI pool data... BOOTMGR is missing

Beginning to think this is a lost cause.

Problem 1:

Sounds a lot like a overheating issue to me. The card stops working when it breaks the threshold for the max temp that is reached and wont start working again till it is below that temperature again. So that certainly sounds like a heat issue.

Problem 2:

BootMGR is missing. Which OS? Are you still on Win7 RC or XP? Cant help you fix that without knowing which OS your running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom