New Lean, mean, computing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
Hi guys, I'm looking for a little help for a laptop recommendation for my dad. He mostly uses his laptop for Outlook, Powerpoint, word processing, and internet browsing. He also enjoys watching TV shows on Hulu or from network websites. He likes to have the most powerful computer he can afford, and his budget is up to around $2000. If he has to go over for something really special, he'll consider.

Laptops we've already checked out: Dell Adamo, Lenovo X301. Like I said, he wants something small that still packs a pretty hefty punch.

Thanks, all, for your help!

Edit: One more thing. He hasn't gotten the hang of tabbed browsing down yet, and he doesn't like closing windows very often, so he typically has a good 12-15 windows open at once.

^That Asus doesn't seem too great. You're mostly paying for the video card, and even then, the processor doesn't add up.

MSI makes solid laptops. Check them out.

That's actually a pretty good deal. Looks like I need to save up some money...

Yeah it was.

Everything runs smooth and fast, nothing lags. Games run the same as my desktop.

^That Asus doesn't seem too great. You're mostly paying for the video card, and even then, the processor doesn't add up.

MSI makes solid laptops. Check them out.

How is it not great??

Its a very strong machine, i have a gaming desktop with a quad oc'd to 3.6ghz and the 2ghz chip seems just as fast. Very far from slow....not to mention you can oc the chip by 300mhz with the touch of a button if you need the extra power.

ram is fast and theres 4gb, the harddrive is a 7200rpm versus a 5400rpm like most laptops. screen res is also full 720p res, and lets not forget about the 1GB dedicated video card.

Oh and the keyboard is backlit, thats found on very few laptops. Before i bought this i looked at offerings from MSI and Gateway and this blew them out the water.

Yeah it was.

Everything runs smooth and fast, nothing lags. Games run the same as my desktop.

How is it not great??

Its a very strong machine, i have a gaming desktop with a quad oc'd to 3.6ghz and the 2ghz chip seems just as fast. Very far from slow....not to mention you can oc the chip by 300mhz with the touch of a button if you need the extra power.

ram is fast and theres 4gb, the harddrive is a 7200rpm versus a 5400rpm like most laptops. screen res is also full 720p res, and lets not forget about the 1GB dedicated video card.

Oh and the keyboard is backlit, thats found on very few laptops. Before i bought this i looked at offerings from MSI and Gateway and this blew them out the water.

how is the battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom