Vid card down

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowdragon1985

Solid State Member
I am running a rig I put together, and it worked fine. I transferred everything to a new case, and upgraded my PSU since my old one wasn't giving me enough juice. I put everything in place and plug everything in, and the problem starts. The fans run, even on the graphics card, and everything is running. Yet the screen is on but no picture comes through, so I did everything I knew how to do. I reset CMOS, used the reset pins next to the CMOS battery, tried reseating the card, checked the whole thing for any grounding issues, and it still won't show anything on screen. I know for a fact everything worked because I was using it fine before my old PSU just couldn't handle what I loaded it with. Anyone know something to help me out?

I am using an MSI K9N SLI V2 mobo, Dual Core CPU, GeForce 8500, HP vs17 monitor, and a Rosewill 450w PSU. All fans run when I flip the switch, and there are no beeps, but there isn't anything that comes on the screen. I've tried multiple cables, making sure to use the newer cables, still nothing. Everything was working fine until I switched the cases. It did this when I replaced the mobo, but only for about a day. It's been doing this for a few days. Any ideas short of buying a new card?

I am using an MSI K9N SLI V2 mobo, Dual Core CPU, GeForce 8500, HP vs17 monitor, and a Rosewill 450w PSU. All fans run when I flip the switch, and there are no beeps, but there isn't anything that comes on the screen. I've tried multiple cables, making sure to use the newer cables, still nothing. Everything was working fine until I switched the cases. It did this when I replaced the mobo, but only for about a day. It's been doing this for a few days. Any ideas short of buying a new card?

Try taking everything out of the case and booting. You could be shorting your board out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom